Even UGA writers think the targeting call on Cronk was BS

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
They better address the targeting rule after this year because we know they won't do it during the year. It needs to be change to show an intent to injure or something. I've seen far too many bad targeting calls than good ones and it's not even close. Instead the NCAA will probably find a way to make it worse.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The call was really total BS. We're relying on guys (refs) who can barely make objective calls like holding, PI, etc. So we're going to leave it to them for a bang bang play like that with the assistance of a review to uphold an ejection. They simply got that one wrong. We saw and see many calls like Roughing the passer that were worse than that play by Cronkrite.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another Saturday, another bad call against us, Seems like we can count on at least one per game. The worse part of all this, that played was reviewed and the idiots in the booth agreed with the field call. Bias up and down.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It was a bad call, agreed. But what was even more F'd up was they reviewed it....and let it stand! It was "football", that's all.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
NOTE TO NCAA and CFB REFS: This is football. Get it? Football. Not soccer. not golf, not tennis. FOOTBALL dammit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Deciders (Refs) need reviewing cameras that they can "dial through" still-shots freezing the occurrence in stop action
shots. That return by Miami vs Duke had several missed calls also reviewed and lyingly upheld at game's end and that
"wrong" cost Duke the game. Refs revert to politicians with their profession's "acceptable lies".

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a bs call but it's not going to hurt us. If anything it has helped. It gave Scarlett a lot more carries than he would of had, which will result in him getting even more carries in the near future.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Since the replay reveals no blow to the head, could the first half against Vandy be appealed? Don't think Mac would. He gave Cronk a heart to heart afterwards.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n305475 said:
Since the replay reveals no blow to the head, could the first half against Vandy be appealed? Don't think Mac would. He gave Cronk a heart to heart afterwards.

Yeah he said "sorry son that was bull**** call. don't hesitate to make that block again"

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thankfully the call doesn't really hurt us next week, but it was absolute horsesh*t. That's about as textbook a block as you can get. I understand the point of the targeting penalty, I really do, but there have been SO many bad targeting ejections this year. It's completely defeated the purpose of what the rule is supposed to do in the first place, which is eliminate intentional helmet to helmet contact.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The first three games that I watched this season had players ejected for targeting. Maybe one was legit. The refs are out of control on this. That was a damn good open field block by a RB. Not a safety crossing the field to layout an unsuspecting receiver.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n305795 said:
The first three games that I watched this season had players ejected for targeting. Maybe one was legit. The refs are out of control on this. That was a damn good open field block by a RB. Not a safety crossing the field to layout an unsuspecting receiver.

The refs aren't to blame. The rules committee and league offices are. They dictate what/how the refs make the calls. If they're told it's a point of emphasis and to err on the side of safety, then you get what we have right now.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What ticked me off was Gary Danielson going on and on about it... "That was a text-book example of targeting...this will definitely be upheld...I think think this type of block needs to be removed from college football..." It's FOOTBALL, not Tennis!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Paying attention to the effect Cronk's block had on the guy he hit shows that typical "crack-back" force wasn't the
result. The bulldog "victim" simply flopped down not bothered. BS call.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I was at a party for the game - and there were (unfortunately) fans of both teams there... not ONE UGA fan thought it was a good call. They all agreed that it was a clean block.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Hit to the shoulder pads shown over and over again. So, what are they doing? Interpreting where he was trying to hit instead of where he did hit? Total BS. I can't believe after the review it stood and Gary Danielson saying over and over that it's a good call? What replay are you watching? At least Vern got to drink some more Jack Daniels during the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.