Ex-Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel says he's 'surprised' by HOF honor

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ex-Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel says he's 'surprised' by HOF honor

He resigned in May 2011 after the NCAA discovered the coach had withheld information during an investigation into some of his players selling memorabilia and receiving illegal benefits.

For his role in that scandal, Tressel received a five-year show-cause penalty from the NCAA, meaning any school that wanted to hire him during that period would also have to take on the penalties from his time at Ohio State.

"I think you're surprised for a lot of reasons. You know you're not perfect. You look at the lists of people who are in those halls of fame and you don't put yourself in that class," said Jim Tressel, shown at the national championship game in January. Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
Tressel did not specifically say the circumstances surrounding his departure were why he was slightly caught off guard when the school told him earlier this week that he would be a hall of famer.

HOF in Ohio. Of course, it all makes sense.

The National Football Foundation also announced its plans in January to include Tressel in the 2015 College Football Hall of Fame class. That induction ceremony will take place in December, the same month Tressel's show-cause penalty is set to expire....

Bonus!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Five Natty titles as a head coach and is currently president of Youngstown State. So in this case cheaters win.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Dude got caught red handed at OSU and had all kind of alleged allegations against him at Youngstown State and they are putting him into the HOF??? This just shows that today's NCAA is corrupt to the core!

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I don't have any issues with jim "tattoos" tressell. my high school football coach use to preach if you're not cheating you ain't playing hard. congrats tattoo jim:proud:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n235887 said:
I don't have any issues with jim "tattoos" tressell. my high school football coach use to preach if you're not cheating you ain't playing hard. congrats tattoo jim:proud:

The issue was the cover up, not the tattoos. Honestly, I don't know why getting free tattoos from a booster is any worse than getting free legal help from one (Huntley). :dunno:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
MJMGator;n235890 said:
The issue was the cover up, not the tattoos. Honestly, I don't know why getting free tattoos from a booster is any worse than getting free legal help from one (Huntley). :dunno:

it happens everywhere, just some are better at lying than others. but I agree its no worst that the suit and the yukons bama players are rocking!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still love watching him implode in Phoenix vs. UF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n236090 said:
that is the dumbest most nonsensical creed I've ever heard.

Wait, I could have sworn it was paragraph #1 of the Florida Bar's Guidelines for Professional Conduct.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n237435]

Wait, I could have sworn it was paragraph #1 of the Florida Bar's Guidelines for Professional Conduct.[/QUOTE]

:hehehe:
I thought it was more like.....it's not cheating unless you get caught.

Dec 10, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n237435]

Wait, I could have sworn it was paragraph #1 of the Florida Bar's Guidelines for Professional Conduct.[/QUOTE]

No. Paragraph 1 states that you cheat so you don't have to play hard. That's the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.