Ex Tennessee QB hated his time there....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...y-his-time-in-knoxville/ar-BBCx2pr?li=BBnbfcL

BBCx9aw.img
© Mike Zarrilli/GettyImages Chick-Fil-A Bowl - Virginia Tech v Tennessee

Jonathan Crompton played quarterback for the Volunteers from 2006-2009, but he said he didn't enjoy his time behind center in Knoxville.

In 2008, Crompton's junior year, he spent the first four games of the season as the starting quarterback, but after a 1-3 start and some particularly poor play, the Volunteers benched him for first-year player Nick Stephens.

During his struggles, Crompton said he received harsh treatment from Tennessee fans, which included death threats aimed at him and his family. Crompton said he never quite got the bad taste out of his mouth.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can't really say I blame the guy. He was seeing stars after meeting Joe in the open field.

hadenpop.gif

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
truth be known, the guy was put in a situation above his head. UT was catching fire during his time there and he was set up to fail. I totally blame the Fulmer & :kiffin:.

fans are fans, and as fans they are idiots. rumor has it Saban gets death threats after their first loss of every season. just idiots thinking their voices matter, which like celebrity opinions, they don't. still, I think it sux that this kids & his family had to deal with with the inbreeds threatening them. :shakehead:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
truth be known, the guy was put in a situation above his head. UT was catching fire during his time there and he was set up to fail. I totally blame the Fulmer & :kiffin:.

fans are fans, and as fans they are idiots. rumor has it Saban gets death threats after their first loss of every season. just idiots thinking their voices matter, which like celebrity opinions, they don't. still, I think it sux that this kids & his family had to deal with with the inbreeds threatening them. :shakehead:

A lot of this may be true, but I tire of the fans will be fans garbage. Why should we dismiss this kind of terrible behavior (like death threats aimed at him and his family) just because they are fans of a football team?

We should expect everyone to act appropriately, not just those running the sports program. (That sentence is full of obvious irony.)

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of this may be true, but I tire of the fans will be fans garbage. Why should we dismiss this kind of terrible behavior (like death threats aimed at him and his family) just because they are fans of a football team?

We should expect everyone to act appropriately, not just those running the sports program. (That sentence is full of obvious irony.)
Nothing wrong with wanting to see decent behavior from everyone but it's insanity to expect it. I don't think anybody is excusing this rogue behavior because they're fans, just commenting on "fanaticdom".

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

so do we agree or not? I thought calling them idiots and saying their opinions didn't matter was telling. I whole heartedly agree that no athlete, or their families, should have to put up with death threats for any reason.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
so do we agree or not? I thought calling them idiots and saying their opinions didn't matter was telling. I whole heartedly agree that no athlete, or their families, should have to put up with death threats for any reason.
Good question. I don't 'totally blame Fulmer and :kiffin:' as I mostly blame the people who are actually doing what he cited.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I passed through Tennessee a few times on my way to see family in Kentucky. I hated my time there too.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Despicable fan behavior? Maybe Crompton deserved it, like here ... by how many stars he didn't have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator