Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://sports.yahoo.com/documents-...leveraging-sex-videos-rb-money-120034705.html

This case looks even weaker now with her credibility issues. It might be rare but girls do bruise themselves to put fake domestic violence charges on guys to get back at them.

I heard the NFL has lost every time they let an independent party settle these weak cases like this one so I doubt Goodell lets that happen again. The NFLPA needs to just make sure that they get a better deal when the CBA is up even if they have to hold out. I know its due to politics now but they should have to at least meet a normal civil burden on these cases and not have the NFL as the Judge, Jury and Executioner when deciding if there is enough there to give out discipline.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
https://sports.yahoo.com/documents-...leveraging-sex-videos-rb-money-120034705.html

This case looks even weaker now with her credibility issues. It might be rare but girls do bruise themselves to put fake domestic violence charges on guys to get back at them.

I heard the NFL has lost every time they let an independent party settle these weak cases like this one so I doubt Goodell lets that happen again. The NFLPA needs to just make sure that they get a better deal when the CBA is up even if they have to hold out. I know its due to politics now but they should have to at least meet a normal civil burden on these cases and not have the NFL as the Judge, Jury and Executioner when deciding if there is enough there to give out discipline.

The problem is this isn't new news. This has been known since last July, so either the NFL has new evidence which they haven't made public (which they don't have to) or this is due to the mishandling of the Rice and Giant's kicker cases where their were charges and admissions in place.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's going to miss a snap this season while appealing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If a neutral party handles it he beats this most likely. It will be curious to see what Goodell does here because if he keeps the whole thing himself or gives it to one of his buddies he knows this will end up in the courts. Some legal people seem to think this is a lot weaker case for the NFL than the Brady suspension legal stuff.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Appeal date is August 29th
Yawn. Obviously you aren't familiar with the Deflategate case. Assuming he wants to go full-out fighting this, he won't miss any time this year. Maybe next year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If a neutral party handles it he beats this most likely. It will be curious to see what Goodell does here because if he keeps the whole thing himself or gives it to one of his buddies he knows this will end up in the courts. Some legal people seem to think this is a lot weaker case for the NFL than the Brady suspension legal stuff.

Due to the fact there is so much legal evidence against the NFL's case other than the conduct detrimental to the league, it is vastly weaker than the case against Brady. Because NFL is using their DV policy, which is set up more detailed.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
My sources tell me it's 1 game for the legal allegation, and 5 additional for showing up dressed like a complete tool.

9272967.jpg

:lmao:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yawn. Obviously you aren't familiar with the Deflategate case. Assuming he wants to go full-out fighting this, he won't miss any time this year. Maybe next year.

I'm quite aware.. but the rules they are using are different. DV policy is more structured than the Deflategate policy.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't there other issues with Elliot still to come in front of Goodell?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't there other issues with Elliot still to come in front of Goodell?

That is where the "Conduct Detrimental to the League" will come into play. But according to the league's statement, the 6 games was part of the DV policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb