F all you Navy mofos!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
um...I don't think that turned out quite the way you think it did.

Um ... yes it did. When we took over the triangle of death from 2/101 in Aug '06. It was one of the worst places in Iraq and the fact that 2/101 had incidents of soldiers raping some young girls didn't help. We systematically drove out all the infiltrating in from our southern border (Euphrates River) and western border (out towards Falujah). We had some tough losses and bad days, but we left that area and handed it over to 3/101 in Nov '07 as one of the safest places in Iraq as well as a trained and ready Iraqi Brigade to start doing the patrolling.

So yeah ... it worked out exactly as I said it did. There are a couple books written about the successes of our tour as well as some of the hardships we went through.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Arizona is indeed a solemn place. I was just as moved however standing on the surrender deck of the Missouri, where the Japs surrendered to MacArthur. For those who haven't been to Pearl Harbor its right there in the same place.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oldest son, during one of his tours as a Cav Scout in Iraq and this past October (he’s a recruiter now.) We are VERY proud. Go Army!

0de1196fb37db44a270697c8b8febbd0.jpg

dd1c6fae437e75d0099bc7345a7d7727.jpg

(His wife is ex-Coast Guard, my brother, sister and their spouses are all retired Navy & daughter’s boyfriend is an active Marine.)
Tell him Thanks for serving his country!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think we talked about this before, but I started out as a 19D.

He was 3rd ID, stationed out of Fort Stewart. I think they were tied to ground Cav, tanks, technically, but their missions were all seeking the resistance cells etc. His unit took out the last known Al Quaeda cell in Iraq (at the time).

One of the greatest moments of my life was the welcome home ceremony after his second tour (15-months).

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why do Army guys say hooah all the time. Well that’s just what it sounds like when someone tries to say hello with a cock in their mouth.

Go Navy Beat Army.
friday-damn.gif

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was 3rd ID, stationed out of Fort Stewart. I think they were tied to ground Cav, tanks, technically, but their missions were all seeking the resistance cells etc. His unit took out the last known Al Quaeda cell in Iraq (at the time).

One of the greatest moments of my life was the welcome home ceremony after his second tour (15-months).
"he was basically Infantry"

That's what every Cav Scout says, yet never has an Infantryman ever said, he's basically a Cav Scout...

I love military smack talk!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thank you and your family for the sacrifices and hardships you endured for our nation. Looks like daddy’s girl was not pleased that you were going! I imagine your return was most joyful.

She was not happy at all. It was a really tough night, as they all are. That was deployment #3 for me, #2 for her but the first one she understood what was happening. The reunions are always pretty incredible but sad at the same time because some didn't come back with you.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"he was basically Infantry"

That's what every Cav Scout says, yet never has an Infantryman ever said, he's basically a Cav Scout...

I love military smack talk!
well I am both among other MOS as well. Scouts are better. Better mobility, better firepower, requires a bit more intellect too. You can be a tough rock and successful as an 11B. A tough rock will fail as a scout.

11B, 19D, 25A, 38A

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.