F all you Navy mofos!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And never has any artillery behind you been friendly.
:lol: actually their are few things in life great than being the guy with “priorities of fire”! Radios were our weapon, and I don’t think anyone was ever as anal as I was about syncing SINCARS ;)

All that said... I do have some phenomenal Infantry friends... two of them were Gators with me. One we can't talk about, but the second one I bumped into again a couple of years ago... one of the best human beings I've ever met.

Quique Melendez came to UF from Homestead as a walk on tailback round 1990 and was on the team for I think two years before he joined ROTC. He and his wife Rosie were both from PR and were great friends in college with me an my wife and Rosie made the best grilled pork chops with rice and beans I've ever had. Quique went Infantry and went on to serve 7 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. I googled his name a few years ago because I heard he from a Korean era friend that he'd been wounded and I figured it was in combat. Nope, it was as commander of the Golden Knights and he was able to recover, but not jump again, and finished out his command. He is a GREAT f'n guy and one of the nicest people I have ever known... and a great Gator.

2140-detail-hero.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator