F V C K uga

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
F V C K them all. F v c k Mark Richt, Herschel, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (f v c k him twice), Buck Belue, Goldberg, Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), Quincy Carter, Frank Sinkwich, Lewis Grizzard, R.E.M. and the B-52's, David Pollack, Uga (every last flea bitten one), Wally Butts, Hines Ward, Jake Scott, the ridiculous "Arch", Champ Bailey, Newman ("Hello Newman"), Charley Trippi, the Athens City Council, Garrison Hearst, Bill Stanfill, all Stinchcombs, Ray Goff, Brian Burton (“Danger Mouse”), Will Muschamp, Alton Brown, Pat Dye, John Isner, Zell Miller (and his "legacy"), Fran Tarkenton, anyone who wears red and black, Kim Basinger, Terrell Davis, Kirby Smart, Charles Herty, Jim Donnan, Ryan Seacrest, Matt Stafford, Jarvis Jones, Chip Beck, Knowshon Moreno, Kevin Butler, Bubba Watson, A J Green, Mark Schlabach, Catfish Smith, Dominique Wilkins, and Pop Warner. Yes, f v c k them all.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
F V C K them all. F v c k Mark Richt, Herschel, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (f v c k him twice), Buck Belue, Goldberg, Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), Quincy Carter, Frank Sinkwich, Lewis Grizzard, R.E.M. and the B-52's, David Pollack, Uga (every last flea bitten one), Wally Butts, Hines Ward, Jake Scott, the ridiculous "Arch", Champ Bailey, Newman ("Hello Newman"), Charley Trippi, the Athens City Council, Garrison Hearst, Bill Stanfill, all Stinchcombs, Ray Goff, Brian Burton (“Danger Mouse”), Will Muschamp, Alton Brown, Pat Dye, John Isner, Zell Miller (and his "legacy"), Fran Tarkenton, anyone who wears red and black, Kim Basinger, Terrell Davis, Kirby Smart, Charles Herty, Jim Donnan, Ryan Seacrest, Matt Stafford, Jarvis Jones, Chip Beck, Knowshon Moreno, Kevin Butler, Bubba Watson, A J Green, Mark Schlabach, Catfish Smith, Dominique Wilkins, and Pop Warner. Yes, f v c k them all.
Frank Francis Sinkwich Sr. (October 10, 1920 – October 22, 1990) was an American football player and coach. He won the Heisman Trophy in 1942 playing for the University of Georgia, making him the first recipient from the Southeastern Conference....dont forget this ckckskkerr that kept chunking the ball during WW2 while our boys were fighting...........SOS never forgot either.........

well shtt I thought he wasnt in there.........but he was...........still hate what happened during that time.......cannot find the great story about it............

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I cant find the great diatribe about UGA behaving very badly during WW2 with a stock load of players while schools like UF had walkons because of the war. But I found this gem by Gene Ellenson (who shoulda got the job instead of Dickey in 1970) Famous letter for the team to read back then,,,,,,,,,,,,
Here is The Letter:

“Dear _____ :

“It’s late at night. The offices are all quiet and everyone has finally gone home. Once again my thoughts turn to you all.

“The reason I feel I have something to say to you is because what you need now more than anything else are a little guidance and maybe a little starch for your backbone. You are still youngsters and unknowingly, you have not steeled yourselves for the demanding task of 60 full minutes of exertion required to master a determined opponent. This sort of exertion takes two kinds of hardness. Physical, which is why you are pushed hard in practice, and mental, which comes only from having to meet adversity and whipping it.

“Now all of us have adversity – different kinds maybe – but adversity. Just how we meet these troubles determines how solid a foundation we are building our life on; and just how many of you stand together to face our team adversity will determine how solid a foundation our team has built for the rest of the season.

“No one cruises along without problems. It isn’t easy to earn your way through college on football scholarship. It isn’t easy to do what is expected of you by the academic and the athletic. It isn’t easy to remain fighting when others are curling around you or when your opponent seems to be getting stronger while you seem to be getting weaker. It isn’t easy to continue good work when others don’t appreciate what you’re doing. It isn’t easy to go hard when bedeviled by aches, pains and muscle sprains. It isn’t easy to rise up when you are down. The pure facts of life are that nothing is easy. You only get what you earn and there isn’t such a thing as “something for nothing.” When you truly realize this – then and only then will you begin to whip your adversities.

“If you’ll bear with a little story, I’ll try to prove my point. On midnight, January 14, l945, six pitiful American soldiers were hanging onto a small piece of high ground in a forest somewhere near Bastogne, Belgium. This high ground had been the objective of an attack launched by 1,000 men that morning. Only these six made it. The others had been turned back, wounded, lost or killed in action. These grimy, cruddy six men were all that were left of a magnificent thrust of 1,000 men. They hadn’t had any sleep other than catnaps for over 72 hours. The weather was cold enough to freeze the water in their canteens. They had no entrenching tools, no radio, no food – only ammunition and adversity. Twice a good-sized counter attack had been launched by the enemy, only to be beaten back because of the dark and some pretty fair grenade heaving.

“The rest of the time there were incessant mortars falling in the general area and the trees made for dreaded tree bursts, which scatter shrapnel like buckshot. The attackers were beginning to sense the location of the six defenders. Then things began to happen. First, a sergeant had a chunk of shrapnel tear into his hip. Then a corporal went into shock and started sobbing.

“After more than six hours of the constant mortar barrage and two close counter attacks, and no food since maybe the day before yesterday, this was some first-class adversity. Then another counter attack, this one making it to the small position. Hand-to-hand fighting is a routine military expression. I have not the imagination to tell you what this is really like. A man standing up to fight with a shattered hip bone, saliva frothing at his mouth, gouging, lashing with a bayonet, even strangling with his bare hands. The lonesome five fought (the corporal was out of his mind) until the attackers quit.

“Then the mortars began again. All this time the route to the rear lay open, but never did this little group take the road back. As early dawn a full company of airborne troopers relieved this tiny force. It still wasn’t quite light yet. One of the group, a lieutenant, picked up the sergeant with the broken hip and carried him like a baby. The other led the incoherent corporal like a dog on a leash. The other two of the gallant six lay dead in the snow. It took hours for this strange little group to get back to where they had started from 24 hours earlier. They were like ghosts returning. The lieutenant and one remaining healthy sergeant, after 10 hours of sleep and a hot meal, were sent on a mission 12 miles behind the German lines and helped make the link that closed the Bulge.

“Today, two of the faithful six lay in Belgium graves, one is a career army man, and one is a permanent resident of the army hospital for the insane in Texas, one is a stiff-legged repairman in Ohio, and one is an assistant football coach at the University of Florida.

“This story is no documentary or self-indulgence. It was told to you only to show you that whatever you find adverse now, others before you have had as bad or worse and still hung on to do the job. Many of you are made of exactly the same stuff as the six men in the story, yet you haven’t pooled your collective guts to present a united fight for a full 60 minutes. Your egos are a little shook – so what? Nothing good can come from moping about it. Cheer up and stand up. Fight an honest fight, square off in front of your particular adversity and whip it. You’ll be a better man for it, and the next adversity won’t be so tough. Breaking training now is complete failure to meet your problems. Quitting the first time is the hardest – it gets easier the second time and so forth.

“I’d like to see a glint in your eye Saturday about 2 p.m. with some real depth to it – not just a little lip service- not just a couple of weak hurrahs and down the drain again, but some real steel – some real backbone and 60 full fighting minutes. Then and only then will you be on the road to becoming a real man. The kind you like to see when you shave every morning.

“As in most letters, I’d like to close by wishing you well and leave you with this one thought. “Self-pity is a roommate with cowardice.” Stay away from feeling sorry for yourself. The wins and losses aren’t nearly as important as what kind of man you become. I hope I’ve given you something to think about – and remember, somebody up there still loves you.

Sincerely,

Gene Ellenson”

Inspired by Ellenson’s eloquent and powerful words, the fired-up Gators went out the next day and beat a good Texas A&M team 42-6.

“We came out and played with emotion and got up early and continued to pound away,” Pearson said. “Forty-two to six. I’ll never forget that score.”

The big win turned around the Gators’ season. Two weeks later they upset fifth-ranked Auburn 22-3 and then went on to earn a bid to the Gator Bowl, where the emotional Gators downed No. 9 Penn State 17-7.

It all started with The Letter.

Maybe now is the right time for today’s Gators to sit down and read it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
grey6_9a83a5e0-c94d-40d9-933b-0b0129185add_large.jpg

Here ya go 812, I got you a new av for this week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

You forgot someone.

ToddGrantham_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Every year I get conflicted when it comes around to this.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And NOW we can start ball-licking, butt-sniffing, leg-humping Dwag hate week!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And NOW we can start ball-licking, butt-sniffing, leg-humping Dwag hate week!
I’ve taught my boys we don’t wear red & black, ever. They’re 5 & 6. They ask why? I’ve said “Those are leghumper colors”. “We aren’t ball-sniffers”. “We aren’t Butt-Sniffing dogs”. **** Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.