Facilities Project Delayed One Year

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Exactly....

The gd BASEBALL field wont even be done by 2021.

These worthless cocksuckers. Fooleyites still infest the ADO.

As it stands, they will play out the 2020 baseball season at the current stadium. So, that means at the earliest, they'll tear down the baseball stadium in July or August? Then how long will it take to build? At least a year, right? So, we're talking about the earliest it would be done is August/September of 2021? And that's being awfully generous.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly....

The gd BASEBALL field wont even be done by 2021.

These worthless cocksuckers. Fooleyites still infest the ADO.

It's maddening. A colossal waste of $$$ and time.

giphy.gif

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We will be fine as long as we extend the piss troughs in the mens rest rooms at the swamp. Maybe 20 to 25 can pee at the same time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a 247 article:

Florida's new baseball stadium, football facility delayed a year

Florida's new baseball stadium, football facility delayed a year

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida had previously announced a huge facilities overhaul, with the baseball program set to get a new stadium, the softball facility currently getting a major renovation and the construction of a new stand-alone football facility in the works.

On Wednesday, Florida announced that the initial timeline for the baseball and football projects has been delayed. The baseball stadium will now be a $65 million project, as opposed to the $50 million project initially announced. The new budget was approved Wednesday by the University Athletic Association, pending approval by the UF Board of Trustees.

Originally, the Gators had hoped to begin construction on the new baseball stadium this fall, with the goal of completing it prior to the 2020 season. Florida will instead break ground on the new baseball facility in February, meaning the new stadium will not be ready to play in now until the 2021 season.

"This is an exciting day for Gators Baseball and our entire athletic department," athletics director Scott Stricklin said in a press release. "While our original hope was to have the ballpark available at the beginning of 2020, and therefore available for play that season, this period of rising construction prices has required additional time to finalize the design, and has caused us to adjust our timeline by a few months.

"You get one chance to build these types of facilities ... facilities that will change the landscape of a program for generations to come. It's exciting to think of the impact the new ballpark will have on future Gators players, coaches and fans."

The original overall facilities plan was to begin construction on the stand-alone football facility in late 2019 or early 2020 on the ground where McKethan Stadium is currently located, with the baseball stadium torn down following the 2019 season.

That project will now be delayed another year.

The football facility calls for a 130,000-square-foot facility that will be connected to the current indoor practice facility. That will allow players the flexibility to use the turf indoor field for athletic training in close proximity to the weight room, a luxury the Gators don't currently have with the weight room housed underneath Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

It will also allow Florida to build the facility to maximize efficiency with the location of the locker rooms, training rooms, coaches offices, team meeting rooms and more all laid out in a more sensible manner.

South of the stand-alone facility the current plan is to include green space, with the potential for future development in that area, which adjoins Stadium Road.

Florida hopes to complete the stand-alone football facility by the end of 2021. The Gators will also be upgrading the locker room inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, which will serve as a gameday-only locker room once the new football facility is built.

The new baseball stadium will still be located on Hull road, near Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium (softball) and Donald R. Dizney Stadium (lacrosse) and will be constructed on land currently occupied by UF's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS).

The stadium will feature two decks of seating in the main concourse, with home plate facing northeast, such that the majority of the seats will be shaded, either by the second deck or by an overhang covering the second deck itself. It will have an overall capacity of 10,000, with more than 4,000 chairback seats.

The good news is Florida has done a good job fundraising, receiving nearly $86 million in pledged private commitments for the projects.

"To date we have raised more than 50 percent of our fundraising goal," Gator Boosters Inc. Executive Director Phil Pharr said. "We are fortunate that Gator Nation shares in our vision of delivering a championship experience. We are appreciative of their investment into the future of Gator Athletics and the individual life-changing opportunities our student-athletes have available to them in Gainesville."

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I broke this in the box two weeks ago, but didn't post it because all I hear is where's a link. You can't post a link to news that is hours old and sully doesn't even know about yet.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mow down the baseball stadium now, have the team play at SFC for a season and call it a day!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well I’ve been saying it will be ready for the 2022 season. But I think they’ve got at least another delay in them. So now I forecast 2023.
So the baseball stadium went from $50m to $65m
What is that? $22k per baseball fan? I hope they all get a bill.

Does the football allinone get a similar cost increase? Or do they just cut corners to fit in the original budget?

I was meh about the baseball program. Now I’m down right “f em”.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Baseball stadium completion date pushed to June 2020, no mention of how this affects the football facility....but it's not hard to do the math:

Donk: You have to be “Don Mouledoux” in the commenters under the tweet.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I broke this in the box two weeks ago, but didn't post it because all I hear is where's a link. You can't post a link to news that is hours old and sully doesn't even know about yet.
Exactly. Where’s @Jbossgator8 now since he was the one questioning the validity of your posts in the box?

Good work T&T

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We will be fine as long as we extend the piss troughs in the mens rest rooms at the swamp. Maybe 20 to 25 can pee at the same time.
Honestly, I don't care about the piss troughs.

I only care about the stuff that lands recruits or makes them cross us off the list from the outset.

I don't blame them. I wouldn't purposely choose to live in section 8 housing (the exact words the recruits use) and facilities either if I had options to live and work in one of the dozens of taj mahals.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Someone owes you a huge apology. This is leftover stench of Foley. Tell that idiot from SG, Byrd to get over here and take some more lumps. He actually defends this crap.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
As if we are not far enough behind with the "section 8" fooball facilities the baseball stadium has been delayed again. As of now construction on the football facility can't even start until the conclusion of the 2020 baseball season, and will now cost $15 million more than planned. Supposedly it has a goal of completion for 2021 - but that seems Pollyannaish.

Gators’ Baseball Ballpark to Break Ground in February - Florida Gators

As reminder here's some of what Dan and Co are working against:

Ranking Top 20 facilities in college football for 2019

There are 7 SEC teams on that list - including Kentucky. :boom:

As the fearless leader says...Discuss.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It’s even worse, the goal for completion is “the end of 2021”, ie they don’t expect it to open until at least 2022. Hey, it’s Phase III of the project, which has always made so much sense. None of this addresses the “section 8” housing issue we’ve heard about from our own players.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So, they've lived in "Section 8" housing? They're qualified to make this assessment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb