MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
grengadgy;n246437 said:
I'm surprised that you would ever go there or there. :thumbdown:

I only went there to check out what coach was throwing a tantrum about. Big mistake. Huge. :bananaburn:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n246423 said:
#ame #ames. You guys keep making this allegatio#. I'd like to k#ow your basis for it.

And what the hell are you doing with your fonts? Quoting your posts looks like some other language.
I dont know the damd names, just that ox said he was tired of the complaints so some pos is bitchen. As for my fonts I have problems with the n's I cut & paste. Some are bigger.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n246434 said:
I'm so surprised the PF group thinks the rules of etiquette shouldn't apply to them and they should be given special privileges and their own hall monitor. :jerkit:

Because the Lounge and Sports Forum is all about proper etiquette right? :scratchchin:

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
grengadgy;n246432 said:
L-Boy, I agree with you 100%(maybe 75%). A political forum needs loose rules, in house mod who answers to Ox only. I would love to see the "Flag" button go or at least turn it into a button similar to like button where everyone could see who flagged the post.

Both you and vulcan can share the blame but that's between you two. Vulcan said that he hasn't forgiven but I don't think that you have either.

At any rate I think that we have found our original flagger . "peace"

I love u man!!

I have no issues with Vulcan. I'm sorry to see him post less.

Who be the flagger? Inquiring minds want to know!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n246475 said:
I only went there to check out what coach was throwing a tantrum about. Big mistake. Huge. :bananaburn:
Agreed. I'm embarrassed for dropping in there occasionally to do a strafing run when I'm bored.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n246561 said:
I love u man!!

I have no issues with Vulcan. I'm sorry to see him post less.

Who be the flagger? Inquiring minds want to know!

No, not you. I do a lot more reading than posting and a few post stick out to me. Keeping my opinion to myself . :)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
grengadgy;n246432 said:
L-Boy, I agree with you 100%(maybe 75%). A political forum needs loose rules, in house mod who answers to Ox only. I would love to see the "Flag" button go or at least turn it into a button similar to like button where everyone could see who flagged the post.

Both you and vulcan can share the blame but that's between you two. Vulcan said that he hasn't forgiven but I don't think that you have either.

At any rate I think that we have found our original flagger . "peace"
we agree on something GG. Common ground.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Not to jump into a running fued, but

URGatorBait;n246481 said:
Because the Lounge and Sports Forum is all about proper etiquette right? :scratchchin:

Aside from a few persons being intolerably negative, neither of those forums really generate a need for moderation or regulation beyond the existing site rules. The level of personal attacks, baiting, and general antagonism that is found in PF does not exist there beyond brief moments whereas the PF seems to be significantly sustained by such content.

It's obvious that the PF regulars have always operated in a different tone than the other forums, a tone that requires a thicker skin than standard forums or a meltdown episode ensues when someone's skin gets worn thin. Right or wrong, it is (and always has been on this site and others) a place of controversy. Regulars have grown accustomed to the climate and wonder why anyone else can't just jump in and play along....but most can't, or do so very poorly (I'll raise my hand on that).

I'll applaud Ox for even offering such a forum (perhaps he knows that drives a good bit of the traffic), but when it becomes such a headache to operate that a special warning banner is required, and then a mod is required...one would need to ask 'is it worth it'. The reality is the forum could exist fine if the members could manage themselves. Again, some can't, so special attention is required up to the point of 'nope, no longer worth it'.

I'm not going to lecture the PF regulars on how they operate - it is their forum, their posts constitute what the forum is. I'll only say that it shut down the other board for awhile and was purged, it's escalating as of late in terms of the headache for site management that it creates. It's on the members to avoid another shut down or purge, and needing a mod and warnings is not movement in the right direction.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n249344 said:
Not to jump into a running fued, but

Aside from a few persons being intolerably negative, neither of those forums really generate a need for moderation or regulation beyond the existing site rules. The level of personal attacks, baiting, and general antagonism that is found in PF does not exist there beyond brief moments whereas the PF seems to be significantly sustained by such content.

It's obvious that the PF regulars have always operated in a different tone than the other forums, a tone that requires a thicker skin than standard forums or a meltdown episode ensues when someone's skin gets worn thin. Right or wrong, it is (and always has been on this site and others) a place of controversy. Regulars have grown accustomed to the climate and wonder why anyone else can't just jump in and play along....but most can't, or do so very poorly (I'll raise my hand on that).

I'll applaud Ox for even offering such a forum (perhaps he knows that drives a good bit of the traffic), but when it becomes such a headache to operate that a special warning banner is required, and then a mod is required...one would need to ask 'is it worth it'. The reality is the forum could exist fine if the members could manage themselves. Again, some can't, so special attention is required up to the point of 'nope, no longer worth it'.

I'm not going to lecture the PF regulars on how they operate - it is their forum, their posts constitute what the forum is. I'll only say that it shut down the other board for awhile and was purged, it's escalating as of late in terms of the headache for site management that it creates. It's on the members to avoid another shut down or purge, and needing a mod and warnings is not movement in the right direction.

For the record, GSMB was not shut down because of the political forum. That was however an excuse used after the fact, but the PF over there had nothing to do with it. Hell there is at least double the posters in the PF here than there was there.
I'm only the mod in there so that the posters stop using the flagging feature (which most of the time is abused and isn't only by people from the PF) as that feature alerts all mods and admin.

Im sorry but I have to laugh when people act like what's posted in our PF is a big deal. I've been to far more serious political forums and message boards and this place is quite tame compared to them.
Your idea that the need for a mod and a warning is heading in the wrong direction is based out of ignorance of what has occurred so I don't entirely fault you for that. Again, I'm a mod in there because people were flagging posts for (in my opinion) largely unnecessary reasons. Guess who those people weren't...PF regulars! Nope, they were mostly people whom normally do not post in there.

That warning isnt for the PF regulars, as much as it's for the thin skinned posters that decide to meander in there when they have nothing better to do.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
First, I'll apologize for the reference to a 'feud' as I think I may have the wrong participants in mind.

URGatorBait;n249418 said:
For the record, GSMB was not shut down because of the political forum. That was however an excuse used after the fact, but the PF over there had nothing to do with it. Hell there is at least double the posters in the PF here than there was there.
I'm only the mod in there so that the posters stop using the flagging feature (which most of the time is abused and isn't only by people from the PF) as that feature alerts all mods and admin.

Im sorry but I have to laugh when people act like what's posted in our PF is a big deal. I've been to far more serious political forums and message boards and this place is quite tame compared to them.
Your idea that the need for a mod and a warning is heading in the wrong direction is based out of ignorance of what has occurred so I don't entirely fault you for that. Again, I'm a mod in there because people were flagging posts for (in my opinion) largely unnecessary reasons. Guess who those people weren't...PF regulars! Nope, they were mostly people whom normally do not post in there.

That warning isnt for the PF regulars, as much as it's for the thin skinned posters that decide to meander in there when they have nothing better to do.

Fair enough on crediting me with ignorance, it often fits. I also recognize that a political forum attached to a non-political site won't draw the types of hard discussions found on some other forums, especially on politically focused sites. I've been both member and staff on other sites that also hosted a version of the PF, and can easily agree that particular content often sparks member-staff-owner discussions on the merit of keeping them or tossing them out altogether. Generally they are kept, but handled as special area due to the nature of the members and discussions.

But what I failed to acknowledge, or did so in a poorly handled way, is the need for a moderator to respond to flags - needed attention or thin skinned whinging. I'm sure Ox and the other mods had no desire to field those requests for attention, and by having someone like yourself in place to respond it can help tune the mindset of the person flagging posts to what is expected (ie, grow a thicker skin). Nobody but staff has any idea how many complaints come in, who they are from (members vs lurkers), and how real the issues are unless they are active in the forums. But there would definitely be a need for a mod to respond to these flags, someone with patience, a broad respect for opinions or at least the need of members to voice them, and a diplomatic nature in explaining to some whingers that they just need to adapt or stay out in addition to cooling discussions that truly boil over. All for the awesome pay grade of nada (nod of respect for ya).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n249488 said:
First, I'll apologize for the reference to a 'fud' as I think I may have the wrong participants in mind.

Fair enough on crediting me with ignorance, it often fits. I also recognize that a political forum attached to a non-political site won't draw the types of hard discussions found on some other forums, especially on politically focused sites. I've been both member and staff on other sites that also hosted a version of the PF, and can easily agree that particular content often sparks member-staff-owner discussions on the merit of keeping them or tossing them out altogether. Generally they are kept, but handled as special area due to the nature of the members and discussions.

But what I failed to acknowledge, or did so in a poorly handled way, is the need for a moderator to respond to flags - needed attention or thin skinned whinging. I'm sure Ox and the other mods had no desire to field those requests for attention, and by having someone like yourself in place to respond it can help tune the mindset of the person flagging posts to what is expected (ie, grow a thicker skin). Nobody but staff has any idea how many complaints come in, who they are from (members vs lurkers), and how real the issues are unless they are active in the forums. But there would definitely be a need for a mod to respond to these flags, someone with patience, a broad respect for opinions or at least the need of members to voice them, and a diplomatic nature in explaining to some whingers that they just need to adapt or stay out in addition to cooling discussions that truly boil over. All for the awesome pay grade of nada (nod of respect for ya).

Ox pays very well. ;)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While I've always tried to steer clear of politics and religion on a message board, I've ventured in several times lately to see what PE was having a meltdown about and for the comedic value. I must say I find it hilarious that all of these supposed "well-educated and well-informed" posters can't seem to have a forum that doesn't require all of these special considerations. They need a warning label and special hall monitor. They also need to be able to forgo the rules on personal attacks. I've read several threads and each one seems to quickly dissolve into a pissing contest from the same couple of posters. Good times. :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n249418 said:
Guess who those people weren't...PF regulars! Nope, they were mostly people whom normally do not post in there.
I flagged this post, it offends me!

:peabody:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n249890 said:
I flagged this post, it offends me!

:peabody:

You know, you don't have to be in the PF for me to ban you :wink: