Fall Practice 2022

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll throw @jdh5484 a bone and tag him with nonsense, too.

On paper, the Gators don't have a chance in hell at the NC - just too thin on the roster. The powerhouse teams have the huge advantage not necessarily because of their starters, but their incredible depth all over (especially in areas like the defensive line).

HOWEVER

We have seen elite, Heisman-trophy winning quarterbacks lift teams to heights they have no business attaining. I've always thought it was a bit of a flaw in the game itself that the QB position holds too much importance, but that's just the way it is. If Richardson went balls-out and had a Heisman season, our Gators could absolutely beat teams they have no business beating on paper, like UGA and Alabama.

How high this team can fly all comes down to Anthony Richardson. He may be the greatest athlete UF has ever had at the position. A ridiculous talent.

The NFL is already drooling so we will only have him for this year. Imagine a Gator QB drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft- that's only going to help us in recruiting as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll throw @jdh5484 a bone and tag him with nonsense, too.

On paper, the Gators don't have a chance in hell at the NC - just too thin on the roster. The powerhouse teams have the huge advantage not necessarily because of their starters, but their incredible depth all over (especially in areas like the defensive line).

HOWEVER

We have seen elite, Heisman-trophy winning quarterbacks lift teams to heights they have no business attaining. I've always thought it was a bit of a flaw in the game itself that the QB position holds too much importance, but that's just the way it is. If Richardson went balls-out and had a Heisman season, our Gators could absolutely beat teams they have no business beating on paper, like UGA and Alabama.

How high this team can fly all comes down to Anthony Richardson. He may be the greatest athlete UF has ever had at the position. A ridiculous talent.

The NFL is already drooling so we will only have him for this year. Imagine a Gator QB drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft? That's only going to help us in recruiting as well.
And a QB that Mullen only put in the game because he was pressured by the media and fans.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
.. . On paper, the Gators don't have a chance ...If Richardson went balls-out and had a Heisman season, our Gators could absolutely beat teams they have no business beating on paper, like UGA and Alabama.

Paper Ripping GIF by Verohallinto

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
How much do those Helmet Trojans weigh? They look like they would strain the neck.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
QB released the ball right at the cut. Nice.

Throwing to a spot, not a receiver. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed watching Fraziers and Wells catching a pass behind the line of scrimmage, or guys with top end speed like Shorter and Henderson catching curl routes and actually running against the grain while they do it, as much as the next guy, but it’s nice to see that again.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR's throw looked better/zippier to me. Miller had the right spot but seemed to float there longer relative to AR's throw
Honestly, I was just happy to see Miller's throw actually lead someone so they could keep running. Danny didn't have the strongest zippiest arm either, but he could lay it in there where it needed to be. If Miller can get like that, he'll be a great backup in case AR gets hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator