Fall Practice 2022

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think Brown is better than you know

Very possible. But he was behind Miller in Spring, and outside of a massive leap in fall camp, he’ll remain there at least for this upcoming season, which is the one in question. Hanging out hopes on a true freshman, great or not, is a lot to ask.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Timing on them is everything. I never worried about 5 yard penalties under SOS or even Meyer. But they became drive-killers for most of our offenses since. Those, plus drive-killing turnovers and failed 4th down attempts, stacked up last year. That’s how you turn a 15th ranked total offense into an infuriating mess.

BN put those errors in one basket of undisciplined play, which is hopefully being fixed.

Exactly, surely you realize I said what I said in jest. Losing the #1 perpetrator, Delance, is probably addition by subtraction. Though I’m not sure if Tarquin can run block like Delance, it’s all the other stuff that makes me believe RT has been upgraded.

Also, what kind of moron decides to go into an SEC stadium (that isn’t Vandy) w/o thinking to at least practice a silent count?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Very possible. But he was behind Miller in Spring, and outside of a massive leap in fall camp, he’ll remain there at least for this upcoming season, which is the one in question. Hanging out hopes on a true freshman, great or not, is a lot to ask.
My point...We thought the same about Shane and Kerwin. And then there was that Trask fellow (That's for certain Mods who think all I use are decade old examples that are beneath Chatter).

My point...Cousin Eddie...the shyte whisperer...couldn't see talent right in front of him (or on his own bench).

Couch Billy...tends to use what is available with decent success. His QB at UL was no stud...yet he was serviceable and the offense did what was necessary.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My point...We thought the same about Shane and Kerwin. And then there was that Trask fellow (That's for certain Mods who think all I use are decade old examples that are beneath Chatter).

My point...Cousin Eddie...the shyte whisperer...couldn't see talent right in front of him (or on his own bench).

Couch Billy...tends to use what is available with decent success. His QB at UL was no stud...yet he was serviceable and the offense did what was necessary.

Bell fits, but Shane and Trask were at least somewhat experienced. My post was no knock on Max Brown. But I would certainly contend that if we had to roll with a true freshman this upcoming season, we would see a lot of running the football. That was my point.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Bell fits, but Shane and Trask were at least somewhat experienced. My post was no knock on Max Brown. But I would certainly contend that if we had to roll with a true freshman this upcoming season, we would see a lot of running the football. That was my point.

Agreed...But it would not be the end of the world like so many love to jump to. There is Miller also.

Unlike in the past...I think Napier would/will adapt. Chump was clueless on offense, Butters was overwhelmed, and Cousin Eddie was an arrogant, lazy SOB who wanted it so...because he said so (HMMM)

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agreed...But it would not be the end of the world like so many love to jump to. There is Miller also.

Unlike in the past...I think Napier would/will adapt. Chump was clueless on offense, Butters was overwhelmed, and Cousin Eddie was an arrogant, lazy SOB who wanted it so...because he said so (HMMM)

I definitely think Napier would adapt if AR went down. For starters, I think we’d run the ball a lot more. Guess I should’ve said that at the beginning.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Towards the end Coach talks a little about the “guardian caps” players are wearing on their helmets. Says it cuts down on concussions by 20%.
I‘m guessing a lot of posters here didn’t wear them.
How long before the hand wringers and Nancyboys make them wear them during games?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Highest ticket sales in 5 years...go figure
Student section sales...highest in many years
Pleased with Miller...working some with 1's...They have 2 QB that can play working on 3.
"More games are lost...then won"...Says volumes.
"At Louisiana we didn't get 5 stars. We had to start with height, length, and speed"
He develops skills...not talent
He does not sugar coat...straight answers...not a lot of coach speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.