:bwahaha: - That is fantastic!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
phase 6? what were the first 5 phases?
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-enters-Phase-3-as-spring-ball-begins-51526902
The Gators held the first phase after the SEC title game, building into the bowl game preparation as the launching point of the offseason program.

After the bowl, Phase 2 began with a heavy lifting period and the beginning of the Swamp Life offseason strength and conditioning program.

Phase 3 includes all of spring ball before Phase 4 puts players into a bit of a "breather session" and recovery period before the heavy lifting period of summer Phase 5, which is when the bulk of the Swamp Life program takes place.

Phase 6 throws the team into fall practice in the final step before the season starts. Breaking it up? Just one way for McElwain to make sure his guys are focused on the now at each turn before that pivotal opener.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I know we had a thread on this...but it became a huge pissing contest....but, can someone explain why, again, we waited to start today vs. last week like so many other programs? I know there's some BS about not wanting players to get burned out...but w/ no 2-a-day's why not have them show up early to go through reps, learn the playbook, etc??
My understanding is exactly that. Instead of the second practice today being full pads it will be skeleton and prep for meat chicken. Pretty sure we are not alone in doing it that way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any of it gonna be open to the media?
Does it really matter whether or not we get in enlightning Insight from people who think Jeff driskel is a Heisman candidate and a future first-round draft pick? Or every year that the offense is poised to breakout?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does it really matter whether or not we get in enlightning Insight from people who think Jeff driskel is a Heisman candidate and a future first-round draft pick? Or every year that the offense is poised to breakout?
Yeah, i know its worthless info but it gives us somethin to talk about around here. May even tell us how big polite and carter have gotten for nerds like us.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I have to be honest here. I feel like Jeff Driskel was improving up to the uga game. I remember watching the Tennessee game that year and the announcers were saying that the Tennessee QB (cant remember who) was going to have a great break out showing that night. I remember the Tennessee QB having a melt down and Jeff Driskel having an impressive night.
But during the Uga game, Driskel unraveled.

Does my memory deceive me?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have to be honest here. I feel like Jeff Driskel was improving up to the uga game. I remember watching the Tennessee game that year and the announcers were saying that the Tennessee QB (cant remember who) was going to have a great break out showing that night. I remember the Tennessee QB having a melt down and Jeff Driskel having an impressive night.
But during the Uga game, Driskel unraveled.

Does my memory deceive me?
Driskel had his moments earlier in his career, but he digressed instead of improved. A revolving door for the offensive coaching staff with GAs coaching position groups didn't help him. Nor did a HC that wanted to sit on a 3 point lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.