Fall Practice

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UM's junior QB, Wilton Speights was adequate for them last season. He's 6'6", 243 lbs. I hope he has not improved.
He went 204/331 = 61.6% ... 2583 yds (215/g?) .... 18 TDs (1.5/g?) .... 7 INTs. I hope they're lacking in pass-blocking and have no good WRs.??..... sick'em Gators.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'll trust the coaches judgement. From "all accounts"? If you think they're gonna allow the average fan like you to see and analyze any meaningful practice reps, you're crazy. Have you watched the scrimmages? No. Zaire is the only guy that has shown that he is capable of not turning the ball over consistently in a college game, limited sample size or not. Franks has never played a down of college football. Del Rio has been erratic at best. When you find any evidence to the contrary, let me know.

There it is folks!! Let's just shut down the message board and all conversations from here on out! The classic "trust the coaches" comment comes out.....and we haven't even kicked off game 1 yet!! Is that a record?? :D

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
UM's junior QB, Wilton Speights was adequate for them last season. He's 6'6", 243 lbs. I hope he has not improved.
He went 204/331 = 61.6% ... 2583 yds (215/g?) .... 18 TDs (1.5/g?) .... 7 INTs. I hope they're lacking in pass-blocking and have no good WRs.??..... sick'em Gators.
Those are pretty good numbers, and a decent amount of reps.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously someone that doesn't care for Gator football. Lol[/QUOTE
:embarrassed: Back in 1993... But then again, I wasn't a high profile athlete that had dozens of sports writers waiting to put pen to pad with MY name. Nor had I recently tweeted a pic of the head coach stating, 'He took a chance on me, now it's my turn to prove him right.' Of course, there was no stupid twitter back then, thank God.

One of my new freshman dorm friends used to smoke in her room. This was back in the days when possession meant prison, and very few students on or off campus used weed and if they did, it was hidden and the info was heavily guarded and trusted to few people. I would come in to her room, and my friend from high school would be there. They'd be laughing and in a good mood, incense burning and a certain unknown odor underneath it. I caught on pretty fast that something was going on as they were in such a chronic good mood at these times, and my HS friend shortly told me what it was. The girl whose room it was ( miami girl) within a couple of months, hung a pot on the door. It took me awhile but I finally got the connection.

The thing is, her room was not only right around the corner from the S.A.s room, but it was almost directly across from the R.A.s room. They (wife/husband) never said a thing, and I'm sure it was beyond obvious.. Hers was the only student room on that section, the rest of the hall in that section held building equipment, which may have been a factor in them not speaking to her about it. She got good grades, was never in trouble, was nonviolent, very well read and interesting to talk with, and very friendly and funny, and I'm sure they did not think she needed a period of time in prison or any legal interactions with police and courts to teach her to be a responsible citizen or help her work through her teenage angst.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There it is folks!! Let's just shut down the message board and all conversations from here on out! The classic "trust the coaches" comment comes out.....and we haven't even kicked off game 1 yet!! Is that a record?? :D
And we don't even actually know what the coaches judgement is at this point :lmao: just his wild speculation that the guy currently listed 3rd (going by the only order provided) is the guy that's going to lead us to great heights because of a random video that in no way shows anything football related... this place is awesome

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
After watching that video, I still say Zaire starts regardless of how Franks has performed in camp. It's clear that his charisma is infectious and guys clearly follow his lead. He's naturally a vocal leader. That's a very important trait for the QB position. The smartest move is to give Zaire the first crack. If he doesn't produce, then give Franks a shot. I think you hamper Franks' development if you start him against Michigan and end up pulling him from the game. He's a young QB and his psyche is more fragile than Zaire's would be at this stage.
Agree about Zaire's team chemistry and natural enthusiasm. Also might be showing some smart competitiveness, using the opportunity presented to demonstrate he can be effectual leader.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And we don't even actually know what the coaches judgement is at this point :lmao: just his wild speculation that the guy currently listed 3rd (going by the only order provided) is the guy that's going to lead us to great heights because of a random video that in no way shows anything football related... this place is awesome

Of course this place was created for speculation. That's obvious. The point I made was pretty concise I thought. Based on the lack of resume of all 3 quarterbacks in question to this point, Zaire is the most trustworthy due to REAL game experience. Is that even disputable right now?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of course this place was created for speculation. That's obvious. The point I made was pretty concise I thought. Based on the lack of resume of all 3 quarterbacks in question to this point, Zaire is the most trustworthy due to REAL game experience. Is that even disputable right now?

I don't trust Zaire ... to contribute to the development of a stronger Gator program even just next year. I see testing Franks' worthiness the same as testing our HC's worthiness to go forward.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of my new freshman dorm friends used to smoke in her room. This was back in the days when possession meant prison, and very few students on or off campus used weed and if they did, it was hidden and the info was heavily guarded and trusted to few people. I would come in to her room, and my friend from high school would be there. They'd be laughing and in a good mood, incense burning and a certain unknown odor underneath it. I caught on pretty fast that something was going on as they were in such a chronic good mood at these times, and my HS friend shortly told me what it was. The girl whose room it was ( miami girl) within a couple of months, hung a pot on the door. It took me awhile but I finally got the connection.
The thing is, her room was not only right around the corner from the S.A.s room, but it was almost directly across from the R.A.s room. They (wife/husband) never said a thing, and I'm sure it was beyond obvious.. Hers was the only student room on that section, the rest of the hall in that section held building equipment, which may have been a factor in them not speaking to her about it. She got good grades, was never in trouble, was nonviolent, very well read and interesting to talk with, and very friendly and funny, and I'm sure they did not think she needed a period of time in prison or any legal interactions with police and courts to teach her to be a responsible citizen or help her work through her teenage angst.

I basically haven't touched the stuff since college but I can honestly say that I more likely "acted out" in non healthy ways while drinking alcohol... not smoking marijuana.

That being said, I wish our players would stay the hell away from it.... the law says "no", the college and the NCAA says "no" and coaches say, "no". Then...... just...NO damnit! It's not worth risking a portion of their season. And considering this years opening opponent, you'd think that'd be motivation enough to stay focused and away from anything that would most likely get them suspended. It's just stupid with so much on the line...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh ok...so when you just try to blast me for saying "by all accounts" meaning i read that from writers for UF sites I don't know sh.t but your speculation about Zaire being the coaches decision that hasn't even been made publicly is what this place is for? Right... :rolleyes3:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh ok...so when you just try to blast me for saying "by all accounts" meaning i read that from writers for UF sites I don't know sh.t but your speculation about Zaire being the coaches decision that hasn't even been made publicly is what this place is for? Right... :rolleyes3:
And looks like the "by all accounts" that don't know sh.t were right

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb