Family pet thread

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
We had to say goodbye to Hagan yesterday.

The Vandoliers were on the Outlaw Cruise last week. The lead vocalist Josh said he wrote Howlin' about his dog. So I am borrowing it.

06b6e52bbad09373d64801c4cb981e41.jpg
7773943c6c4ecb77e64536005fbc1adf.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We had to say goodbye to Hagan yesterday.

The Vandoliers were on the Outlaw Cruise last week. The lead vocalist Josh said he wrote Howlin' about his dog. So I am borrowing it.

06b6e52bbad09373d64801c4cb981e41.jpg
7773943c6c4ecb77e64536005fbc1adf.jpg

Sorry for your loss, Fodder. I’m sure Hagan is enjoying his time in heaven.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I sure hope there are some chipmunks and moles with those squirrels in this hell you speak of.
I don't know why there wouldn't be.

I used to have a dog that was half terrier and half lab - imagine a smallish black lab with a goatee - and she was a terror to the local mole population. She'd dig them up and shake them to death just because they were there. She'd also try to climb trees to get at the squirrels. She could never get very far up the trees, but the squirrels never took any chances and always retreated at top speed.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I don't know why there wouldn't be.

I used to have a dog that was half terrier and half lab - imagine a smallish black lab with a goatee - and she was a terror to the local mole population. She'd dig them up and shake them to death just because they were there. She'd also try to climb trees to get at the squirrels. She could never get very far up the trees, but the squirrels never took any chances and always retreated at top speed.
I'd pay good money for a mole dog. My niece says her dog will watch for the ground to move and then will pounce on the mole hill and can come with one in his teeth. Then kill it and roll in it. He's a good boi.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'd pay good money for a mole dog. My niece says her dog will watch for the ground to move and then will pounce on the mole hill and can come with one in his teeth. Then kill it and roll in it. He's a good boi.
Any good sized terrier will usually do. Unfortunately, they do have some other traits that can be annoying, which is why a terrier mix is often the way to go.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Growing up, we had wire-haired fox terriers, and our male would get into death matches with possums in our backyard. We always missed the battle, but he'd drag his trophy to the back porch every time. Pretty impressive considering the size of the possums compared to the dog. God Bless our feisty boy.

Now, I'm a Lab lover. @Fodderwing my last Lab (before my current girlie) was named Maggie May. I played your Stapleton song at my desk this morning and cried like a baby.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Growing up, we had wire-haired fox terriers, and our male would get into death matches with possums in our backyard. We always missed the battle, but he'd drag his trophy to the back porch every time. Pretty impressive considering the size of the possums compared to the dog. God Bless our feisty boy.

Now, I'm a Lab lover. @Fodderwing my last Lab (before my current girlie) was named Maggie May. I played your Stapleton song at my desk this morning and cried like a baby.

Maggie's Song used to bring tears to my eyes just thinking about Hagan long before she passed. The song played yesterday on Outlaw Country while was driving yesterday from work and I lost it.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Oddly, I've cried more over my dogs than any human I've ever lost. Granted, I haven't endured the loss of my parents yet nor any other nuclear family members too soon. But when I lost my grandparents and miscellaneous young friends along the way, I was stoic as could be. Get me thinking about either Lab I lost in 2006 or 2018, and I lose it. Something about that unconditional love and joy. Our dogs are truly special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.