FAU Fighting Kiffins off to a rough start

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
They're down 21-10 at half to Navy. It looks like Kiffin hired his brother aa defensive coordinator...and the D got burned on a 60+ yard pass play that led to a Navy TD right before the half. Bottom line is the entire team looks completely lost. How this jack leg keeps landing head coaching gigs paying 7 figures a year is as great a mystery as how the pyramids were built. Oh, and Kiffy looks more pudgy than ever. :) Discuss.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They're 10 point underdogs. (i.e. not expected to win)

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Just when everyone of us thinks the FAU program can't sink any lower, along comes Kiffin. He could very well prove us wrong and turn the program around, but history shows he makes programs worse under his guidance.

I still can't get over how he sent Sebastian Raperkowski on the field to attempt a 76 yard field goal.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am in no way defending Kiffen b/c I think he is an awful head coach, and for a guy who only cares about offense and running as many plays as possible, the Naval Academy was a nightmare matchup for Kiffy. They are disciplined as hell and are going to possess the ball on offense and tire the defense out in that heat, and when his offense gets it, they are only going to hurt their own defense if they do not score every possession b/c they can't possess the ball. That is exactly what happened. I know most on here talk about our incompetent offense and how they want us to go up and down the field, but personally I want us to have a good all around team and not be one dimensional like most college teams are today (see Big 12 and Pac 12)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he never wins a game before being kicked off the bus in some small, sh*tty college town after a brutal beat down on a road trip.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
42-19. Kiffy couldn't even cover with the 10 points they were getting. I wonder if the FAU fans have already realized they were sold a bill of goods? :bwahaha:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not surprising Navy is a load for almost any team. Hiring him was a mistake in my view.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Not surprising Navy is a load for almost any team. Hiring him was a mistake in my view.

Had this game been played sometime other than week 1 I would agree with you but they had all of preseason camp to prepare for Navy's option attack. No excuse for them not being prepared. Ditto for Tennessee when they play GA Tech on Monday.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Had this game been played sometime other than week 1 I would agree with you but they had all of preseason camp to prepare for Navy's option attack. No excuse for them not being prepared. Ditto for Tennessee when they play GA Tech on Monday.

I somewhat agree but say Army knows they are going to see them every year, yet they still have issues. We will see how the Voles deal with it. Being prepared and being successful are sometimes two different things.

Thanks for the comment.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is actually funny. Imagine if Spurrier had Twitter 25 years ago!

Lane Kiffin zings Florida, Florida State when speaking about Florida Atlantic’s success

http://gatorchatter.com/threads/fau-fighting-kiffins-off-to-a-rough-start.16550/

Lane Kiffin delivered a verbal arrow directed Florida’s way.

On Monday, The Associated Press’ Tim Reynolds relayed a comment from the Florida Atlantic coach that’s sure to sting Gators fans everywhere. The former Alabama offensive coordinator and Tennessee coach has guided the Owls to a 7-3 record in his first season in Boca Raton, Fla.

Meanwhile, Florida (3-6) and Florida State (3-6) are both suffering through forgettable years.

Kiffin has noticed, apparently.

Lane Kiffin: "Who woulda thought we'd be sitting here with more wins than Florida and Florida State combined?"

Truth.

— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 13, 2017

Oh, Kiffin. Never stop being you.

Hey, he has earned the right to brag. We’ll see if Florida can recover quickly after hiring a coach to replace Jim McElwain. Right now, though, Kiffin’s Florida Atlantic team is one of the hottest things going in the Sunshine State outside of Mark Richt’s Miami program.

Kiffin is right. Who would have thought that?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Looking good Lane, looking good.
Lane-Kiffin-video.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads