FAU targeting Gator assistants?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've actually been surprised by Collins. I really thought he'd make our defense soft. Maybe that's his plan thru recruiting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I doubt anyone from our staff takes a job at FAU, unless it's Shannon (he'd actually get a raise taking the FAU job, Collins would take a pay cut...and he's probably financially secure w/ his Miami buyout).

From coaching ticker:

2. How much is FAU willing to pay?

Charlie Partridge earned $591,000 in 2016, which was 9th in Conference USA, and FAU’s 2015 staff salary pool was 10th in the league. The school plans to increase salaries, and it will need to.

A Power 5 coordinator may have to take a paycut for the job. Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins makes nearly $1 million, and Ohio State co-defensive coordinator Luke Fickell makes more than $600,000. For other assistants like Kentucky offensive coordinator Eddie Gran and Michigan quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch, the salary could be comparable.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think the defense is good but not great. Great defenses don't give up 31 to FSU and 27 the year before. Great defenses don't give up 38 to arkansas. Great defenses don't give up 30 something to an average tennessee team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why he'd take the fau job. its a career killer.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I think the defense is good but not great. Great defenses don't give up 31 to FSU and 27 the year before. Great defenses don't give up 38 to arkansas. Great defenses don't give up 30 something to an average tennessee team.
I agree...even with elite talent...he's still an avg D-cord.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Collins gets hired he has the good stats now but does a lot of stupid stuff. He isnt a good recruiter either.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Florida-Atlantic-coaching-search-updates

The same guy who brought us the Mac on Oregon's list rumors says this:

- USA Today’s Dan Wolken lists Luke Fickell, Geoff Collins and Mario Cristobal as possible candidates. The South Florida Sun Sentinel adds Randy Shannon and Jim Leavitt as potential names.

Of that list, Collins would be the last person I would hire. But let's hope that the decision makers at FAU are as dumb as our "genius" football AD was here, not once, not twice, but 3 times. The trifecta. I used to love the term trifecta b/c it meant I hit a nice ticket at the race track, but now when I here the word trifecta, I shake my head still in disbelief!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FIU really up'd the ante on salaries. They may actually be able to lure some decent assistant (mostly position coaches to coordinator spots). FAU will likely do something similar if they want to be competitive. Where do these sh*tty programs get the money?

From Coachingsearch:

Florida International is stepping up big-time in salaries.

Butch Davis will make $900,000 in year one and $945,000 in year two, per the Miami Herald. That second year salary would be more than the base salaries of the previous two FIU head coaches — Ron Turner and Mario Cristobal — combined. That’s also tops in Conference USA. Turner made $609,000 this year.

Davis also will get $1.6 million for an assistant salary pool. In 2015, the pool was $1 million, which was fifth in C-USA.

Davis’ staff is coming together, with several hires already made. Keep track here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator