Favorite Movie Song

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
yep... way too many.
But - this was one of the first I remember as a kid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So predictable... now let's start the douchebag race to the obscure! I got one just for YOU!!! :lol:

I could get a link that contains the word virus and promises identity theft, and I’d still be more inclined to click it than that video.

I never saw the original MIB and didn’t even know they made a second. I’m sure it’s outstanding.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I could get a link that contains the word virus and promises identity theft, and I’d still be more inclined to click it than that video.

I never saw the original MIB and didn’t even know they made a second. I’m sure it’s outstanding.
I saw the original, didn't even know there was a "3," but man 'o man, had I known I could've heard Pitbull in Dolby Surround Sound, that woulda changed EVERYTHING!!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I saw the original, didn't even know there was a "3," but man 'o man, had I known I could've heard Pitbull in Dolby Surround Sound, that woulda changed EVERYTHING!!!

You know a movie is bad when Tommy Lee Jones can’t even save it. Who are these people that are lining up to se that a third rendition of that garbage?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait.

Wait just a minute.

There are soundtracks and there are scores and these are different things.

Are we talking songs from the soundtrack or are we talking about themes from the score?

It matters dammit.

That said, as good Gators, doesn't the answer have to be John Williams' theme from Jaws???

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait.

Wait just a minute.

There are soundtracks and there are scores and these are different things.

Are we talking songs from the soundtrack or are we talking about themes from the score?

It matters dammit.

That said, as good Gators, doesn't the answer have to be John Williams' theme from Jaws???

Alex.

Their best is Old Suwannee and when they used to do the Phantom song at halftime.

I have no idea why they don’t play the former any more. Assuming racist, but never actually heard.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Their best is Old Suwannee and when they used to do the Phantom song at halftime.

I have no idea why they don’t play the former any more. Assuming racist, but never actually heard.

I'm afraid I'm about to sound a little like Corch so bear with me, please.

When I was a student at UF, you could leave at halftime, consume alcoholic beverages, and then come back.

Unless the band was playing these songs at the Porpoise (kamikazes) or Joe's Deli (big beers) or somebody's nearby house (keg)... :dunno:

Maybe you have a link?

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm afraid I'm about to sound a little like Corch so bear with me, please.

When I was a student at UF, you could leave at halftime, consume alcoholic beverages, and then come back.

Unless the band was playing these songs at the Porpoise (kamikazes) or Joe's Deli (big beers) or somebody's nearby house (keg)... :dunno:

Alex.

Well, Old Suwannee was a staple during games. You’d know if you heard it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Old Suwannee was a staple during games. You’d know if you heard it.
I know. I’m just busting your chops.

I recognized the music but didn’t know the names of the songs. Then I bought a Gator Band CD to play on road trips to away games and finally put the names to the music. That was in the 90’s.

I didn’t learn the words to the alma mater or the fight song till the Urban era. Heck, I didn’t even know there were words.

Alex.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I loved that one too I have no idea why they stopped.
Years ago the UF band used to do a version of “In the Stone” by Earth, Wind, and Fire that was especially good at basketball games. I think they stopped 8-10 years ago.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I know this has been discussed here, but man did Jack misplay his hand that night. Zero chance this broard doesn’t bounce the moment he hits her with sleeping under a bridge or she walks by a speak-easy and sees the rich boozing it up while she hopes the soup kitchen isn’t going spilt pea again tonight. He had no future her and should’ve bailed the moment she got clingy after the car. Guy should’ve spent the next 40 years sketching naked women along his travels until syphilis naturally caught up to him, but ended up teeth chattering and making small talk with a selfish skank who refused to scoot over. Absolutely terrible story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb