Feleipe Franks 2020 season tracker thread

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No reason to be haten on someone just because they don't live up expectations. Wish them well and move on to the next guy, Franks had his shot and he proved he was not the guy we need ,that doesn't make him a bad person.
But he's evil because he shushed the fans!

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
The guy didn't look any different at all. Not one iota. He has reached his ceiling.

To me, he was always kind of a second coming of Doug Johnson without the advantage of having any kind of quality coaching over his first 3 years. Mullen worked wonders with him in the first year he had with him but he seemed to already be regressing in year 2 after Miami and the UK game up to when he got hurt. I feel pretty sure we'd have lost that game to UK if Trask hadn't taken over. Just like with Johnson, I also felt like the offense was always compensating for his inability to rise above his judgement obstacles even on his best days.

Wish him well but don't expect much from here especially after he chose such a poor team to play for. Choosing that school over all the other possibilities out there is really just another example of his judgement challenges. Kansas would have been a better choice than Arkansas if he was going to choose a crappy team since he'd have avoided having to play the SEC West and instead would have been playing in a defense optional league where he could maybe have even built up a decent highlight film for the NFL. I shudder to think of the beatings he has coming on the road ahead now with this new COVID based all SEC schedule. With that brutal of a schedule ahead, I expect that he'll be pretty severely beaten down by the UF game if he even makes it that far.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
No reason to be haten on someone just because they don't live up expectations. Wish them well and move on to the next guy, Franks had his shot and he proved he was not the guy we need ,that doesn't make him a bad person.

You're talking to a fanbase that STILL hates on Zook some 16 years after he was fired in disgrace and actively celebrates every time Muschump loses.

Lol, I hear what you're sayin' and all...but being a fan means irrational exuberance for both positive and negative applications. And Franks is kinda like Del Rio in that he went out of his way to antagonize fans. I mean, no one hates on Brantley or Treon Harris to nearly the same degree as Franks or Del Rio...despite the former two being far less accomplished than either of the latter and Brantley being the biggest bust of all.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Maybe. But I dont get the sense that Franks was particularly popular.

He is however 6-6, relatively fast and can throw the ball twice as far as Uncle Rico with basically a flick of the wrist. Lots of coaches get enticed by those physical skills and convince themselves they can fix the head.

Yeah but can he throw a football over them mountains?

Far as I'm concerned fck Franks and the horse he rode in on, except when he's playing uga and fsu of course. He lost me forever after his "dis wat I do" comment in the camera after that dreadful game against Miami last year. I don't wish injury on anyone from any team but him breaking his leg may have been the best thing to happen to Florida since Tebow.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but can he throw a football over them mountains?

Far as I'm concerned fck Franks and the horse he rode in on, except when he's playing uga and fsu of course. He lost me forever after his "dis wat I do" comment in the camera after that dreadful game against Miami last year. I don't wish injury on anyone from any team but him breaking his leg may have been the best thing to happen to Florida since Butters lied about death threats.

fixed it for you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're talking to a fanbase that STILL hates on Zook some 16 years after he was fired in disgrace and actively celebrates every time Muschump loses.
I hate Zook from 1994.

And yes, I love every Chump loss and every picture of Zook with a mop.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
F vck butters and chump forever. I hope neither one wins another game as long as they are alive. The only good thing I have to say about Zook is he owns a field in tallacrappy

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Lol, I hear what you're sayin' and all...but being a fan means irrational exuberance for both positive and negative applications. And Franks is kinda like Del Rio in that he went out of his way to antagonize fans. I mean, no one hates on Brantley or Treon Harris to nearly the same degree as Franks or Del Rio...despite the former two being far less accomplished than either of the latter and Brantley being the biggest bust of all.
To me Millionaire Coaches are fair game if they lay a rotten egg although I don't hate any of them. As far as pulling for a former Coach it just depends on who they are playing, like Muschump last year again the butt sniffers.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Meyer is the one that really shushed the fans ... for 10 years and counting

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have nothing against Franks and wish him well. I'm also glad he's the starting QB for Arkansas instead of Florida.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Franks hurt; backup is in.

tenor.gif

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks tosses to a wide open receiver for TD to open the 2nd half. Cowbell down 21-7.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Good for Franks.
Can't wait to see him fold like a cheep FSU Hoe when The pigs come to Fl Field. this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.