Feleipe Franks 2020 season tracker thread

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is that really in doubt?

The only question is when he does his shushing thing after TDs, will it still be considered doing it to his own fans?

Also, with the buyout amounts we’re staring at, do we ask him to return that knee scooter he took with him when he left? I mean it was brand new.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have meltdowns over Florida football anymore. Chimp and Butters crushed that particular spirit years ago.
They crushed most of us.

But you have to admit you thought FF was shushing you personally.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They crushed most of us.

But you have to admit you thought FF was shushing you personally.
I just think the fans have been through a lot, for many years. Despite all that, the most hardcore continued to support the program by going to the games and paying a lot of their hard earned money. To be told to STFU by one of their own players after the sh!t they had been forced to eat for so long was particularly galling. I find it hard to believe Gator fans disagree with this take.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough. With the way Florida football has gone since Tebow, it would be par for the course if Franks stormed into the Swamp and threw for 500 yards. Whatever. I'm not getting upset about any of it anymore.
If Franks throws for 500, Im sure Fat Dwag gets fired on the spot.

I seriously don't think Franks could throw for 500 against a D3 scout team. He is good for one or two long passes and about half of the easiest throws.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Franks throws for 500, Im sure Fat Dwag gets fired on the spot.

I seriously don't think Franks could throw for 500 against a D3 scout team. He is good for one or two long passes and about half of the easiest throws.
Mond just looked like the second coming of Dan Marino against us, and he has less talent than Franks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mond just looked like the second coming of Dan Marino against us, and he has less talent than Franks.
if you look at Mond's stats he was actually pretty good over the middle, terrible to the outside and terrible under pressure.

Felipe is basically average to above average deep (but those are still low percentage passes) and terrible everywhere else and useless under pressure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now, "melting down" on my end can make a comeback if our Gators ever return to being legitimate NC contenders. That hasn't been the case for 10 years now. Without the possibility of the prize, why get so upset?

Unfortunately, with recruiting down for several years now, it's not happening any time soon. The way the management views the football program, it may never happen again. Sad truth there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Most of our defense problems are self inflicted. We can move from horrible to below average (maybe even averagish) on defense just by putting one or two real DL on the line, even if they arent very good.

We cant really fix the LB problems. Unfortunately, the Butters leftovers (41 51) are still the best option there.

Safety, we have talent there. Ive become convinced dumbazz has them playing robber (poorly) or something. I just can't believe they're that far out of position constantly, and no one seems to be screaming at them when they return to the sideline.

I'm optimistic Grantham's gone at the end of the year. His ego won't allow him to accept Mullens butting in. I'd really like to see Dan a point somebody at coDC playcaller immediately, which will ensure that Fatt Todd packs up on his own.

Between Mullinz really adjusting the offense fornthe first time in his life and him reportedly butting into the defensive side on Sunday and evaluating every player and our gameplan, Im way more optimistic with him than Ive ever been.

I do like him certainly more than the last two nutbags we hired. I'm kind of surprised. this is out of character for him.

It also tells me he understands the levity of the situation.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Most of our defense problems are self inflicted. We can move from horrible to below average (maybe even averagish) on defense just by putting one or two real DL on the line, even if they arent very good.

We cant really fix the LB problems. Unfortunately, the Butters leftovers (41 51) are still the best option there.

Safety, we have talent there. Ive become convinced dumbazz has them playing robber (poorly) or something. I just can't believe they're that far out of position constantly, and no one seems to be screaming at them when they return to the sideline.

I'm optimistic Grantham's gone at the end of the year. His ego won't allow him to accept Mullens butting in. I'd really like to see Dan a point somebody at coDC playcaller immediately, which will ensure that Fatt Todd packs up on his own.

Between Mullinz really adjusting the offense fornthe first time in his life and him reportedly butting into the defensive side on Sunday and evaluating every player and our gameplan, Im way more optimistic with him than Ive ever been.

I do like him certainly more than the last two nutbags we hired. I'm kind of surprised. this is out of character for him.

It also tells me he understands the levity of the situation.
He said something yesterday during the presser that made sense, and I have to give him credit for it. It was something along the lines of you start a season a certain way, and most of the time you have a certain style in mind that both your offense and defense are going to play with, but that it doesn’t always work out the way you envisioned. He used last season and switching to a much more pass happy approach after Trask became the guy. He said they certainly didn’t start the season anticipating they’d be throwing the ball that much, but it ended up being the best option for them moving forward.

I guess all we can do is see what kind of changes, if any, we see for LSU on defense. I’m betting we will see more beef up front, even if that means the true freshman get more playing time, and he hinted that Campbell would be back as well. It damn sure can’t hurt.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He said something yesterday during the presser that made sense, and I have to give him credit for it. It was something along the lines of you start a season a certain way, and most of the time you have a certain style in mind that both your offense and defense are going to play with, but that it doesn’t always work out the way you envisioned. He used last season and switching to a much more pass happy approach after Trask became the guy. He said they certainly didn’t start the season anticipating they’d be throwing the ball that much, but it ended up being the best option for them moving forward.

I guess all we can do is see what kind of changes, if any, we see for LSU on defense. I’m betting we will see more beef up front, even if that means the true freshman get more playing time, and he hinted that Campbell would be back as well. It damn sure can’t hurt.

Why has Campbell been out? Do we know?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Matt Corral with 2 picks, one a pick6, and a fumbled handoff.
I still think Ole Miss wins in the end, and covers.

Corral looks like he dropped the “Coolio” braids and has this weird, brushed back, feathered look today. It’s weird to see. Hopefully it’s just a short break until the cornrows are put in tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb