FI-RE Mul-len, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap: 2-7 in last 9 P5 games; FSU 3-8

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Everyone who was here during the 2000s KNEW how bad Mullinz was.

Some are just "feelers" not "thinkers". Society needs both.

Hated his play calling then, hated this hire more than almost anyone, and knew how it was going to turn out. Also knew Stricklin's words would come back to bite him. Ever notice my sig that I got the day after Numbnuts was hired by his cowbell buddy?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize the USC AD was the AD at Cincinnati and hired Luke fickell there. My fears of us hiring him are somewhat relieved. Also from LSU boards and articles, I'm not seeing as much Joe Brady as I imagined, very little. I see more aranda and jimbo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also from LSU boards and articles, I'm not seeing as much Joe Brady as I imagined, very little. .
I think it is pretty clear he's going to be an NFL HC soon. At 19 yoa or whatever he is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Clap clap clapclapclap.

CANT WAIT TO HEAR IT IN THE STADIUM

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
If any one of the following 3 happens I think he is gone at the end of the season.

(1) Refuses to fire Grantham.
(2) Loses to FSU at home
(3) Loses AR to transfer

Any of those happen I think he’s gone. Otherwise we will deal with him for 1 more season.
I would add getting blown out by UGA or losing a winnable game because of bad coaching decisions. The leash should already be all but lethally short.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I would add getting blown out by UGA or losing a winnable game because of bad coaching decisions. The leash should already be all but lethally short.

Yeah, I agree. The other thing that I think some are missing is that the moment we get a new DC(assuming that's the outcome) there will be two major issues that will resurface every Saturday next fall. First, we likely won't have a quick fix unless it's a huge name and the portal lines up perfectly. Most likely we'll have an array of 210lb LB's that will struggle regardless of the better scheme due to size. The result is Mullen will hear about it here and everywhere else because of the roster damage he allowed. The second scenario is that between S&C and some inbound transfers, we do have the pieces and return to having a legit defense next season. The result is Mullen will hear about it here and everywhere else in that people will wonder what could've been in years like '19 and '20 when we had all the pieces but were hamstrung by his handpicked DC.

In short, either way, I believe he is screwed from a perception standpoint, and outside of a public groveling moment that coincides with a complete staff overhaul and agreeing to mow the Richardson's yard for the next 3 years(edging too), he's burned through any bit of equity he derived from the Lsu win in 2018 and decent finish to that season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.