FI-RE Mul-len, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap: 2-7 in last 9 P5 games; FSU 3-8

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

EJ came in thinking all he had to do was beat Franks. Then Franks goes down and now he has to just beat out Trask. None of these competitions went his way and he’s in year 4 and ok to roughly split reps. I don’t think there’s even the slightest chance he transfers at this stage. I like him for it, but wonder if he’s just sort of ok with things. If he officially lost the job to AR, I think he’d be a solid teammate and ready to go in if/when he was asked.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Sure, I get that. And from that standpoint, Mullen is in a tricky spot if he just turns the keys over to a Freshman and the other bails. That said, during any of those time periods his stock and interest was much, much higher. I don't imagine teams tripping over themselves to get him at this point. I also think Mullen is going to have him involved to some degree regardless of what happens with AR. And he seems to be a fairly quiet, good kid that is enjoying things and may even be ok with that. I may be way off, but I think he sticks around.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don't doubt it, but wow. Play it safe to ensure a trip to the Outback Bowl, instead of going all in to actually try to win something. Says all I need to know.
Yup, that's our guy. Playing it this way just got him a 1.5 million dollar raise and extension after a 3 game losing streak. He's more than content to try to make a NY6 bowl game that he will chalk up to another great season. Oh and btw, bowl games only count when you win.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Me too. I can't stand in line to order and process words into what a dish may look like in my head. It's too much. I need a visual on a giant menu above me or I'm lost.
I like a buffet where I can just put what I want on my plate without interacting with anyone. Unfortunately they aren't financially viable in Miami because huge extended Hispanic families of 40+ people come and blow out a week's allotted foot supply nightly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We can not win 8 or 9 games with EJ. Had AR not played in the last 2 cupcakes , we woulda gone down to the wire with em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.