Film Reviews - what have you seen lately, what did you think?

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I watched reservoir dogs, wasn't impressed. Mr orange was obviously the cop, ending was stupid honestly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched reservoir dogs, wasn't impressed. Mr orange was obviously the cop, ending was stupid honestly.

602-Reservoir-Dogs-quotes.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well yeah, they tell you he's the cop like halfway through the movie. :lol:

And considering Reservoir Dogs was shot for $1.2M with that cast, it's a masterpiece. Paved the way for Pulp Fiction, which paved the way for a whole crap ton more movies.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember... I have kids. I am happy we are moving away from animation.

We got them to watch Pan. I really enjoyed it and want to watch it again.
200.gif

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You're crazy. Did you watch the TV version where the commercials are 6 minutes long and there is no cussing?
200.gif

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
no, like as soon as they thought they had a snitch and they introduced mr blonde, it was obvious the guy bleeding out was the snitch. after that it was a bunch of talking just to talk, typical tarantino.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched Smoking Aces (2006) again... it's just a fun movie. Not the best acted, but pretty good action and a good ending.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched black mass last night. Not a bad movie. That is one twisted dude.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw London Has Fallen with my son this afternoon. Thought it was good. Lots of action. Lots of killing of bad guys!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally watched Spotlight over the weekend - it was good.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like action and adventure movies as much as the rest of you testosterone filled sports fanatics. But I ran across a "cute romcom" on Cinemax this week. Two Night Stand (2014). A woman on the rebound creates an online dating profile in hopes of a one stand "booty" call. But, a blizzard shuts down NYC and they get stuck together in his apartment for an extra day and night. She's really cute and it's got several really funny scenes and a decent sex scene to boot.

Okay. Go ahead and start the ridicule in 3,2,1...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I like action and adventure movies as much as the rest of you testosterone filled sports fanatics. But I ran across a "cute romcom" on Cinemax this week. Two Night Stand (2014). A woman on the rebound creates an online dating profile in hopes of a one stand "booty" call. But, a blizzard shuts down NYC and they get stuck together in his apartment for an extra day and night. She's really cute and it's got several really funny scenes and a decent sex scene to boot.

Okay. Go ahead and start the ridicule in 3,2,1...

When do you get your testicles back?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah well, so did Chariots of Fire, which I did see. That was some boring crap.

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
I saw a double feature of Deadpool and the Revenant. While I can see why some would like Deadpool, I didn't. I guess I'm just done with comic book movies (except for the main line of X-men.)

The Revenant was effing amazing. The opening scene is one of my favorites since Saving Private Ryan's beach invasion scene. So much realistic violence.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw Hobbit:Battle of the Five Armies.... it wasn't as bad as the second Hobbit movie.. but you could feel them stretching out the fight scene. Also the CGI is really questionable in some spots.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watched the Martian a couple of weeks ago. I liked it, but can see where some of the stuff was a stretch. Who shoots a rocket off w/o a nose cone because of weight? I know they tried to explain the lack of drag by the thin air comment, but I, as a lay person, don't buy it. No windows either, come on. Then again, I'm not an astrophysicist.

I also saw Risen last week, liked it too. It was good to see the story told from a different perspective. Makes me want to see The Young Messiah also. Again, looking at a known story from a different perspective. (IMO)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Saw Deadpool recently and liked it. Not a character I knew much of other than what I'd learned in the last year or so. Bottom line for me is that Ryan Reynolds has built a career pointed at this role, and he did it well. There were a few jokes that were somewhat subtle (he cracks on Ryan Reynolds as an actor, has images of other super heroes he has played shown as references, etc), but overall there was a bit too much of the dumb dialogue and jokes. Lots of gore. I got what I wanted from it, but I didn't want a lot. 6/10.

My 7yr old asked for Daddy time to watch Jurassic Park (the original from 1993). I was concerned about scaring him, but he watched the whole thing like a trooper. I had to pause and explain a bit about the cloning and DNA, which still flew over his head for the most part. But, what the viewing reminded me of was that it wasn't as gory as I thought (only showed one guy actually being eaten), there were kids in the film (created a connection for younger viewers), and Samuel L Jackson was in it (smaller role, but I forgot he was there at all). That, and it brought back how great the film was for when it was released - good CGI, good suspense with the sound and settings, and a believable 'what if' situation as opposed to pure fiction. Still a good film. Now he wants to see the sequels (don't remember 2 or 3, but Jurassic World was pretty good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb