FILM ROOM: Bama Post-Mortem 1st half Offense

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n65533 said:
Hopefully Worton gets some looks once he gets back from injury.

We won't see him this year. He has several weeks before he will be able to start catching balls. He'll be redshirted. It's a shame.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is the reason I maintain my membership with Gator Country. He writes some good stuff.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GIGator;n65565 said:
We won't see him this year. He has several weeks before he will be able to start catching balls. He'll be redshirted. It's a shame.

Was looking for him to catch the winning score against fsu. So he can complete the full circle.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Driskel doesn't just look bad. To me, he looks rushed or hurried. He reminds me of a QB making his first ever start and everything is moving to fast for him. Because things are to fast around him, his mechanics get off, he misses reads...ect. The problem is, that shouldn't be happening in his 4th year. I think he has regressed from his sophomore year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n65929 said:
Driskel doesn't just look bad. To me, he looks rushed or hurried. He reminds me of a QB making his first ever start and everything is moving to fast for him. Because things are to fast around him, his mechanics get off, he misses reads...ect. The problem is, that shouldn't be happening in his 4th year. I think he has regressed from his sophomore year.

I would say it's not regression, it's that he hasn't grown since then. Weither it be from coaching or his lack of football knowledge he hasn't grown as a player. He is the same player.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Watching QBs in practice I think you can determine ones that CAN"T play. But I don't think you can say definitively which ones CAN play. You need actual live game reps to say for certain. Less structure and more reaction when the bullets are live.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66057 said:
I would say it's not regression, it's that he hasn't grown since then. Weither it be from coaching or his lack of football knowledge he hasn't grown as a player. He is the same player.
I just don't think he has the instincts to play quarterback. There's no shame in that - most of them don't. You move on to the next guy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n66171 said:
I just don't think he has the instincts to play quarterback. There's no shame in that - most of them don't. You move on to the next guy.

Ox, i would agree. I think there is a vast lack of football knowledge which dulls his instincts and reaction time. He is the same guy from 2012 season, there is no shame in that.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
It's a shame. I thought he made great improvements from game 1 to game 4 of 2012. Then WHAM, like he hit a wall. I was hoping it was due to him tweaking the ankle around that time. But nope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n66197 said:
It's a shame. I thought he made great improvements from game 1 to game 4 of 2012. Then WHAM, like he hit a wall. I was hoping it was due to him tweaking the ankle around that time. But nope.
We were all hopeful after he completed that one long pass (to J Reed) in 2012 that he might be figuring it out.

Oh well, we now know it was an anomaly. The rest of 2012 is the real JD.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n66171 said:

Unfortunately dead on.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
threatmatrix;n65070 said:
That's right. Prolly cuz we could see that we were a horrible 11-2 team. Personally couldn't watch us live because I woulda shot my TV.
The 11-2 myth still lives on I see.
Luckiest team in college athletics, who were exposed by Louisville. We barely beat ULL in the last 30 seconds that year-at home.
We could see what was happening.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n66487 said:
The 11-2 myth still lives on I see.
Luckiest team in college athletics, who were exposed by Louisville. We barely beat ULL in the last 30 seconds that year-at home.
We could see what was happening.

Lucky to beat 4 top 10 teams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator