Finally retired...sorta

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Congrats on the retirement. I have 22 months and 20 days left!!

Holy crap, sir! That means you’re gonna have even MORE time to fill the message boards with your rants. Oh wait, you’re an officer so you already have a ton of spare time...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Holy crap, sir! That means you’re gonna have even MORE time to fill the message boards with your rants. Oh wait, you’re an officer so you already have a ton of spare time...

I'd really hate to put a Master Chief at parade rest!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
welcome to my world........Ox they are taking money out of your pocket and sending it to him each month,.........will you survive?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
welcome to my world........Ox they are taking money out of your pocket and sending it to him each month,.........will you survive?
Yes, taxpayers are paying those pensions. However, unlike teachers, our men in uniform deserve it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorchatter Family,

When the Army blocked your site at work, I didn’t get to check in as much. However after 25 plus years in the Army, I am now retired and will be able to check in a little more regularly. Although I’m retired from the Army, I am not retired. I went to work for a great Oil Company here in South Texas as their “Safety Man”. I will promise to make a better effort to check in with y’all and I look forward to the Mullen Gators taking the field, kicking ass, and taking names! #GoGators #ItsGreatToBeAFloridaGator
Welcome back. We all thought you were dead.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations! I hope I can make my next 10 years until I can hopefully retire.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
They block all forums that are not directly linked to major sites.

This place isn't major?!?!
200.webp

I just realized a couple of weeks ago that I'm down to single digits on the years until retirement. Congrats to you!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Congrats on your graduation to a new life. Make your goal to collect that retirement pay (reduced compensation for reduced exposure to lead and steel poisoning) for at least as long as Uncle Sam paid you active duty pay. And remember we can be back on the line with two weeks notice. OH-scared myself. If they need me back in the cockpit, we're in really deep kimchee.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'd really hate to put a Master Chief at parade rest!

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Oh, and yeah... good luck with that parade rest thing. You gotta have stars on those shoulder boards or you’ll just make the MC ROFL.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Yes, taxpayers are paying those pensions. However, unlike teachers, our men in uniform deserve it.
Thank you Ox. Just a minor point (sort of important to some). We don't get pensions; retired pay it reduce pay for limited service. Even at my advanced age, we are all subject to recall without contest.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for serving us well, NCO. Glad you've re-upped for GC in time to cheer the "New Gators".

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Gatorchatter Family,

When the Army blocked your site at work, I didn’t get to check in as much. However after 25 plus years in the Army, I am now retired and will be able to check in a little more regularly. Although I’m retired from the Army, I am not retired. I went to work for a great Oil Company here in South Texas as their “Safety Man”. I will promise to make a better effort to check in with y’all and I look forward to the Mullen Gators taking the field, kicking ass, and taking names! #GoGators #ItsGreatToBeAFloridaGator

OCongrats Sarge. By the way, what did we do to piss off the Army? Ox?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you Ox. Just a minor point (sort of important to some). We don't get pensions; retired pay it reduce pay for limited service. Even at my advanced age, we are all subject to recall without contest.
Which happens alot these days, especially if you have a particular skill they need at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.