Finding our lost members

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the Alligator might write an article on this site? Lots of students read it and it does have an internet presence. In addition many current students have relatives that are Gators and during the season some fans might also read the paper. Perhaps some deal could be made to carry some of their stories or share ads for gator things. Might be a business opportunity as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
I don't do twitter so I'm not sure how this works, but can't just just tweet it out with a #gators hashtag or something similar?
A couple of us have done that.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure if the alligator would write an article on us, but they would post an as if there was money paid. As far as Twitter, I use it to follow players and news sites to stay current on information, but I don't have a huge follower base because I am new to it. The best way to post their would be to add the #Gators or even #BeatIdaho when the season gets closer.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People will show up eventually. No need to go search for them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bleacher report comment section would be best

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
I don't do twitter so I'm not sure how this works, but can't just just tweet it out with a #gators hashtag or something similar?
Keep it up. People will be returning from the offseason.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Let's not blame Zach for that. If he's removing them, he's under orders to do so. Quit taking it personally - he's doing his job.
Crucial!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After the first game... withdrawal will set in for some of our wayward friends. If they can remember any user name from the ole GSMB, Google should bring them home. Even plugging me into Google, gets you here...geez.

GatorStud - User Profile - Gatorchatter Forums

gatorchatter.com/member/146-gatorstud

Jun 19, 2014 - Search in posts by GatorStud only Advanced Search. Search ... GatorStud replied to How to add an image to a post

:solitary:

G8rbob

Jul 6, 2014
Why can't Ox or the big boss us the name "gatorchatter.com" as their name? Is that allowed? Then go posting on sites.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud said:
After the first game... withdrawal will set in for some of our wayward friends. If they can remember any user name from the ole GSMB, Google should bring them home. Even plugging me into Google, gets you here...geez.

GatorStud - User Profile - Gatorchatter Forums

gatorchatter.com/member/146-gatorstud

Jun 19, 2014 - Search in posts by GatorStud only Advanced Search. Search ... GatorStud replied to How to add an image to a post

:solitary:
Well, if you searched it PRIOR to joining here, it wouldn't have lead you here. And frankly not everyone is savvy enough. GatorbytheBay didn't find us for two months. He's admittedly slow but so are others. We're still missing plenty of folks and frankly, we'll need to continually grab new ones. That isn't going to happen if we're on page 5 or 6 of the google searches for Gators Forum or if they don't know to search for Oxrageous or whomever.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Check your pants. Every time I lose my member, that's the first place I look. It's usually sitting right where I left it, just hanging out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For what it's worth, we're growing like a weed. The record for unique visitors to this forum in a day in our first 7 weeks was 399. Yesterday we had 454, blowing the record away by nearly 14%. We also got six new registrations. For the masses that supposedly can't find us, a lot of 'em are sure as hell doing just that. Gatorchatter will continue to climb the google search rankings the bigger we get.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n24055 said:
Well, if you searched it PRIOR to joining here, it wouldn't have lead you here. And frankly not everyone is savvy enough. GatorbytheBay didn't find us for two months. He's admittedly slow but so are others. We're still missing plenty of folks and frankly, we'll need to continually grab new ones. That isn't going to happen if we're on page 5 or 6 of the google searches for Gators Forum or if they don't know to search for Oxrageous or whomever.

I thought we got rid of the low information types around here... true though, I tried every which way to track Okeechobee Joe down on line, guy must live in a monastery :lol:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
Check your pants. Every time I lose my member, that's the first place I look. It's usually sitting right where I left it, just hanging out.
I think this is the funniest post I've ever read on one of these boards. I'm still chuckling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator