Finebaum Show - Caller Alleging That Treon is Guilty

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember being excited for the SEC network and then I found out that show was on it.
I don't even watch that channel unless there's a game on.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, who gives a fvk what that moron, or any of his callers for that matter, say. I'd say you should quit driving his ratings up by watching that garbage. Quit tuning into the channel when his show is on if you want to get him off the air. Low ratings will kick his bald azz to the curb faster than anything else. Propogating that igorant Blammer rant by "syPhillis" the other day isn't helping either.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda like listening to the show, I think it's funny, maybe if you don't like him probably shouldn't listen, just my 2 cents

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
cornbread;n73293 said:
I kinda like listening to the show, I think it's funny, maybe if you don't like him probably shouldn't listen, just my 2 cents

I think much of it is funny and it makes me proud not to be from Bamerville; however, I believe that call was beyond entertainment or whatever. The way to get Finebaum to not do crap like that, which would be a kick to his groin, would be for fans to complain. I believe the management of the SEC Network enjoy his circus like antics, but, they would draw a line on some things.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
cornbread;n73293 said:

I'm not a fan, but my wife hates it with a passion. So sometimes as I'm leaving the room I flip it on and leave the room. Then I get her going on what dumba$$ he is and bama fans are for being goated into his immature antics.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n73494 said:
I'm not a fan, but my wife hates it with a passion. So sometimes as I'm leaving the room I flip it on and leave the room. Then I get her going on what dumba$$ he is and bama fans are for being goated into his immature antics.

:lmao:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n72707 said:
That's not my point! Treon deserves the right to be deemed "innocent until proven guilty". That's a Constitutional right afforded to all of us and it should never be taken lightly. Unfortunately, in today's society, if the allegation is about gender, race and/or sexual misconduct, the PC crowd comes out in force and damns anyone who defends that basic right. There is no "Homerism" involved on my behalf. If he is guilty he should pay, in accordance with our laws; however, he should not be treated unfairly by those in the media, while the rest of us sit back on our hands and say nothing about his rights being abused or taken lightly. If you witnessed the call and Finebaum's reaction, I don't see how you could not find it troublesome. This is not the first time Finebaum has attempted to exploit the issues we are facing. During the Gator Nation episode, on Sept 27, 2014, Finebaum talked about Muschamp being on the "hot seat" and that Gator fans had called in to his show, the previous week, demanding that Muschamp be fired. They played the calls and they were his regular callers from Bamerville and Jawja. It may not bother you that Finebaum does such things, but, it offends the hell out of me. If he was still a Jerry Springer-like radio show, as before, I would consider the source; however, he is on a major professional sports network and his actions and words carry a lot more weight than before.

As I stated in my initial post, I may be over-reacting. I value our Constitutional rights and I have no tolerance for someone abusing them.

Yes in criminal court you have these rights, in the real world your rights are only related to the government, not individuals.

For example you have the "right" to act like an ass around some folks, the government should do nothing about this, individuals might (probably will). That might be social shaming up to beating you up. The government violates your rights individuals not so much.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why you are upset. The Finebaum show doesn't even pretend to be a serious show. It's entertainment, with one of it's main stars being a raving lunatic named Phyllis. On this board there are many people that still call Winston a rapist when the system we trust to decide those matters has determined that he is not one. It's silly to get worked up over fools, they are plenty of them to go around and there always will be. I think that anyone that uses the word rapist and Winston in the same sentence is a fool, but I don't worry about it. What good does it do to present facts to a fool? Just like Winston, even if Harris is not charged, there will be plenty of people that will say he got away with raping someone because he is a football player. They won't care about the facts, they already have their minds made up. I just think it's amusing that you actually are fired up enough to complain about something said on the Paul Finebaum show and are trying to enlist people to join your crusade. It's just a TV show, and not a very good one.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n73556 said:
I don't know why you are upset. The Finebaum show doesn't even pretend to be a serious show. It's entertainment, with one of it's main stars being a raving lunatic named Phyllis. On this board there are many people that still call Winston a rapist when the system we trust to decide those matters has determined that he is not one. It's silly to get worked up over fools, they are plenty of them to go around and there always will be. I think that anyone that uses the word rapist and Winston in the same sentence is a fool, but I don't worry about it. What good does it do to present facts to a fool? Just like Winston, even if Harris is not charged, there will be plenty of people that will say he got away with raping someone because he is a football player. They won't care about the facts, they already have their minds made up. I just think it's amusing that you actually are fired up enough to complain about something said on the Paul Finebaum show and are trying to enlist people to join your crusade. It's just a TV show, and not a very good one.
:tard:

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n73545 said:
Yes in criminal court you have these rights, in the real world your rights are only related to the government, not individuals.

For example you have the "right" to act like an ass around some folks, the government should do nothing about this, individuals might (probably will). That might be social shaming up to beating you up. The government violates your rights individuals not so much.

You're right! It just pisses me off to see a dweeb kick one of our guys when his down. It being on the SEC Network is what bothered me the most. I'd defend one of you guys with the same passion. You just don't let someone injure one of your own without an arse whoopin'!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n73556 said:

Well, I find it "amusing' that you are "amused". You and I share a different understanding of what family means. In my world, it doesn't matter who threw the stone - you throw it at my family and I'm going to try to drop a boulder on your head - simple as that!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n73556 said:
I think that anyone that uses the word rapist and Winston in the same sentence is a fool, but I don't worry about it. What good does it do to present facts to a fool?

Actually, I agree with you ntcre. As a matter of fact....errrr...... never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.