Gator Basketball Fire Mid-Major Mike - Conclusive Stats

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
When we hired Mid-Major Mike, the basketball world was aglow with the young coach's potential.
Seven seasons later, that potential has not materialized. His declining Win/Loss percentage tells the story.

At Louisiana Tech Mike had a gaudy .776 win percentage over his last three seasons. This earned him national attention as the next up-and-comer. Could he reproduce that success in the SEC? That was the question. The answer, sadly, is NO.

At Florida, Mike White's win percentage is a pedestrian .625 over the last six seasons. (Note: I threw out the first season where he only won 58%.) Winning just above 60% of your games will have you on the bubble year after year, wondering if you can even compete with the best teams in the league. That's where we currently stand. Season after Season, an average SEC team.

We gave a Mid-Major guy a chance to reproduce the success he had at L. Tech. He failed to match that success after 7 frustrating seasons. It's time to move on from Mid-Major Mike and give another coach a chance of recapturing the Glory Days of Florida Basketball.

Michael White Coaching Record | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited:

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
When we hired Mid-Major Mike, the basketball world was aglow with the young coach's potential.
Seven seasons later, that potential has not materialized. His declining Win/Loss percentage tells the story.

At Louisiana Tech Mike had a gaudy .776 win percentage over his last three seasons. This earned him national attention as the next up and comer. Could he reproduce that success in the SEC? That was the question. The answer, sadly, is NO.

At Florida, Mike White's win percentage is a pedestrian .625 over the last six seasons. (Note: I threw out the first season where he only won 58%.) Winning just above 60% of your games will have you on the bubble year after year, wondering if you can even compete with the best teams in the league. That's where we currently stand. Season after Season. An average SEC team.

We gave a Mid-Major guy a chance to reproduce the success he had at L. Tech. He failed to match that success after 7 frustrating and disappointing seasons. It's time to move on from Mid-Major Mike and give another coach a chance of recapturing the Glory Days of Florida Basketball.

That’s a big Hell yeah!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

At Louisiana Tech Mike had a gaudy .776 win percentage over his last three seasons. This earned him national attention as the next up and comer. Could he reproduce that success in the SEC? That was the question. The answer, sadly, is NO.

At Florida, Mike White's win percentage is a pedestrian .625 over the last six seasons. (Note: I threw out the first season where he only won 58%.) Winning just above 60% of your games will have you on the bubble year after year, wondering if you can even compete with the best teams in the league. That's where we currently stand. Season after Season, an average SEC team.

We gave a Mid-Major guy a chance to reproduce the success he had at L. Tech. He failed to match that success after 7 frustrating and disappointing seasons. It's time to move on from Mid-Major Mike and give another coach a chance of recapturing the Glory Days of Florida Basketball.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that he’s getting another mediocre year because of the lack of fortitude in the AD’s office.
I hate what he’s done to the program

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The point was that complaining about Mike as a shyt Men's BBall HC is beating a dead horse. Mike is The worst half court offense coach I have ever seen.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rumor flying around Oxford is they will make a run at Mike White once they fire their coach. Personally, the universe isn’t this kind to me.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
After 7 seasons we pretty much have what we're going to get with White. There is no upside. If the folks in charge are content with mediocrity White will be the coach for the foreseeable future.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I agree but look what happened with the women's program. We hired someone who was we thought a known commodity. He was an abuser and his replacement has had very good results. It is hard to tell but one thing is you don't change you can't improve.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ole Piss would be a reasonable rumor. Louisville on the other hand would cycle thru a zillion rumors with big name guys long before a guy like Mike would get a mention there. Louisville still thinks they are a behemoth in college hoops, so after the Pearl rumor was quashed I am sure you will here Stevens, Cronin, Bennett, etc. etc. etc. long before they get to dreck like Mike.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I agree but look what happened with the women's program. We hired someone who was we thought a known commodity. He was an abuser and his replacement has had very good results. It is hard to tell but one thing is you don't change you can't improve.
Accidents happen, a good one in this case...GO Gators...:jog:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Louisville still has brand power and plays in a bball league. You're kidding yourself if you think they seek out a guy with a proven failed record.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
My favorite stat is when I tweeted my law school bud and Gator Twitter giant Vari (@157Gale) and mentioned being to lazy to look up that we were like .250 against Kentucky. Then I looked it up when we lost last Saturday. Turns out a blind guess was exactly correct…and then Saturday made it worse. But remember, Alligator Army says if you want Mike ****e fired, “NEVER SPEAK AGAIN”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.