Fire these coaches

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
How about firing a coach that is in charge when say this happens:

You are the number one seed in basketball yet a minor school should have beaten you and only luck prevented that.

You are a top school and have a massive first half lead, yet you allow your opponent to tie you late before winning.

Comment as you desire or not.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is dumb even by 78 standards. Fire a coach for winning?

d8p19a4-8b9b6558-6432-4897-95e6-f34272fde990.jpg

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes fire a coach that is supposed to be an NIT type coach and yet gets into the NCAA tourney 3 years in a row. Kinda like don't hire a coach who can't get top recruits at MSU. He couldn't do it there and can't do it at UF. Oh wait...Mullen bucking that trend...

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Just saying as some want our coach fired for similar accomplishments with way less talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda like don't hire a coach who can't get top recruits at MSU. He couldn't do it there and can't do it at UF. Oh wait...Mullen bucking that trend...
He hasnt bucked any trend yet. So far he is a below average recruiter just as we suspected. #7 average at UF. Like Butters he has landed one top 10 class but none that are even average.

And he blew two terrible losses, just as he has done like clockwork every year.

I wonder if you dont get tired of celebrating medicority, like you did with Butters, Chimp and Mike White only to catch a big load of splooge on your face every time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We should fire the guy that's gotten us in the tourney 3 years in a row and just signed a couple of all Americans and hire mike Miller. The assistant coach of a losing team because he was gator lol. Some of the shcit you guys come up with is retarded.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I've openly complained about White, the lack of ball movement, the consistent second half stalls anytime we have a lead (prevent offense to ensure a comeback), b level recruiting (until the last two years, which have definitely been upticks) and lack of player development, but I haven't yet called for a firing, because I would like to see how he does with this upcoming class and if I'm just wrong in thinking he is the problem. I also loved the freshmen this year and haven't seen toughness in freshmen like KJ and Nembhardt since Brewer and Horford.

But, this analogy in the original post is soooo ridiculous.

First, unlike at Tennessee, White hasn't revived a struggling program or brought it to unforeseen rankings since they last cheated. He's doing the opposite, i.e. trying to hold onto the monster Billy built and struggling to do so. He hasn't successfully replaced offense from Billy's players with recruiting either until Locke and KJ this year stepped up some. Next, you compare him to the most winning coach in NCAA men's basketball, with several national titles, who got his team to the number 1 overall seed. This is asinine. We were a few missed shots away from not making the NIT this year because of a losing record.

This is just more fan on fan bitching because some of us prefer to win. Do you tell your kids to do better if they get C's or just tell them, it's fine because I support your lazy azz no matter what? You may love them regardless, but you still speak up regarding the C. It's no different being a fan. Speaking of which, where is T-Bang to add onto the attempted fandom guilting of the last two weeks.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I've openly complained about White, the lack of ball movement, the consistent second half stalls anytime we have a lead (prevent offense to ensure a comeback), b level recruiting (until the last two years, which have definitely been upticks) and lack of player development, but I haven't yet called for a firing, because I would like to see how he does with this upcoming class and if I'm just wrong in thinking he is the problem. I also loved the freshmen this year and haven't seen toughness in freshmen like KJ and Nembhardt since Brewer and Horford.

But, this analogy in the original post is soooo ridiculous.

First, unlike at Tennessee, White hasn't revived a struggling program or brought it to unforeseen rankings since they last cheated. He's doing the opposite, i.e. trying to hold onto the monster Billy built and struggling to do so. He hasn't successfully replaced offense from Billy's players with recruiting either until Locke and KJ this year stepped up some. Next, you compare him to the most winning coach in NCAA men's basketball, with several national titles, who got his team to the number 1 overall seed. This is asinine. We were a few missed shots away from not making the NIT this year because of a losing record.

This is just more fan on fan *****ing because some of us prefer to win. Do you tell your kids to do better if they get C's or just tell them, it's fine because I support your lazy azz no matter what? You may love them regardless, but you still speak up regarding the C. It's no different being a fan. Speaking of which, where is T-Bang to add onto the attempted fandom guilting of the last two weeks.

Great points but I always say if you are doing your best that is acceptable. I don't see that coach is doing anything other than trying to win with the players and their ability he has. See say the Duke game, a supposed inferior team made big shots for three, we miss most of them. Coach can't play, block out or rebound, I hope and suspect he is trying to have a team that can and will win. That was the point of the OP.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I don't see that coach is doing anything other than trying to win with the players and their ability he has. Coach can't play, block out or rebound, I hope and suspect he is trying to have a team that can and will win. That was the point of the OP.

Chief, I know what your saying, but also realize, this is the same stuff all the Swamp Gas people were saying about Mac/Nuss, just change the basketball terms for football terms.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sas spent the first five years of his post-college life turning levers on a roller coaster. That may have gotten in the way of him being able to see grey between the black and white.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Sas spent the first five years of his post-college life turning levers on a roller coaster. That may have gotten in the way of him being able to see grey between the black and white.

Really Sas? We need to swap working theme park stories at a tailgate next year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Significantly higher than minimum wage.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Chief, I know what your saying, but also realize, this is the same stuff all the Swamp Gas people were saying about Mac/Nuss, just change the basketball terms for football terms.

I don't go to swamp gas, and as far as I am concerned one is correct (football) and one is still to be determined (basketball). Just my opinion, and further coaching in football is much different than basketball.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Great points but I always say if you are doing your best that is acceptable. I don't see that coach is doing anything other than trying to win with the players and their ability he has. See say the Duke game, a supposed inferior team made big shots for three, we miss most of them. Coach can't play, block out or rebound, I hope and suspect he is trying to have a team that can and will win. That was the point of the OP.

Mediocrity in our program is acceptable as long as the coach is doing his best?! We may as well hire any random bus driver to coach our teams, as long as their effort isn’t lacking. Think of the money we’d save paying our coaches a middle class income. Someone get Foley on the phone! We’ve got a hot idea!

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Mediocrity in our program is acceptable as long as the coach is doing his best?! We may as well hire any random bus driver to coach our teams, as long as their effort isn’t lacking. Think of the money we’d save paying our coaches a middle class income. Someone get Foley on the phone! We’ve got a hot idea!

Someone asked what I would tell my children, not my employees. Now my opinion is that it is way too early to change coaches in men's basketball, at least two years. I would not give him any extensions beyond that. Others disagree, that is their opinion.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Someone asked what I would tell my children, not my employees. Now my opinion is that it is way too early to change coaches in men's basketball, at least two years. I would not give him any extensions beyond that. Others disagree, that is their opinion.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator