Firearm experts needed....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This video is a couple years old and I am curious if this "firearm" is still categorized the same....I'm thinking I might be needing some short distance crowd control if things keep going downhill...and Daddy's getting a YUGE tax return. Skip to 2.20 if you doubt the term "short range crowd control ability"...and before Lawdonkey ask yes the end of the barrel is threaded for the eye poking device...

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What was the outcome of the recall?

fostech1-768x994.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Origin SBV Recall Information

It still needs a stamp. If you want to spend money, you can just pay the $200 tax stamp to make a SBS or AOW. A stamp is nothing after spending $3000 on the gun. Origin 12 Short Barrel Shotgun Hard Black

Those drum magazines are a disaster in the making. 8 would be my choice.

I'd be more likely to get a Benelli/Beretta/Stoeger or even a tactical SA20. That looks cool but I'd prefer to have a model that is more proven, especially when even something like best Benelli is less than one third the cost of that.

Do you know how many Mossberg or Stoegers you can buy for $3000?

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Origin SBV Recall Information

If you want to spend money, you can just pay the $200 tax stamp to make a SBS or AOW. Origin 12 Short Barrel Shotgun Hard Black

Those drum magazines are a disaster in the making. 8 would be my choice.

I'd be more likely to get a Benelli/Beretta/Stoeger or even a tactical SA20. That looks cool but I'd prefer to have a model that is more proven, especially when something like the Benelli is less than half the cost of that.
That's what I don't get..there is almost no difference between the 2 for God sake....
Yes I agree that the 8 or 10 round stick is much more practical but if you had to disperse a crowd that was about to loot or burn down your business or house letting off one of those 30 round drums would provide the goods...you could always keep some high velocity loads in a back up 10 round stick just in case.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
one of those 30 round drums would provide the goods...
dude, you could put a speck of dust or a feather in that side of that drum and jam it up. Why do you think the military doesnt actually carry any of that garbage?

if you had to disperse a crowd that was about to loot or burn down your business or house letting off one of those 30 round drums would provide the goods...
EDIT: disperse rioters and around your building? you mean you are firing 10-30 warning shots? you should just put an attorney on retainer up front.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want a belt-fed 12 gauge semi auto.
Square shells. No workie.... or at least well enough to be anything but a toy. Ditto for drums though. Even vertical mags are iffy with a rimmed case.

Besides, you don't want the weight of your extra ammo hanging from your gat. Shotgun shells weigh a bunch. Weight like that on the gun makes you swing the SG very slowly.

That thing @Concrete Helmet linked looks like it weights 12 pounds unloaded.

Tubes are where it's at with a shotgun. Learn to work it. Notice even the elite competition shooters use a tube fed SG.

Stab four is the elite level technique:

Video with tips for the beginner:

I know this thread is a bit of a gag, but the key is really skills not gear. A great way to get reps is to go to join practical shooting events, three gun and the like. Im sure there is one in your area. They LOVE having new shooters.

You don't have to be a Miculek to go and have fun and believe it or not the stress of being timed and competing IS stess inducing, and teaches you to function while under the influence of adrenaline. It is decent training for the real thing. (Just try to be mindful of not developing flat range bad habits.) Guys who have been in two way ranges say competition and hunting is the best prep.

INVEST IN SKILLS, NOT GADGETS

I'd love to have a weekend with a few of you guys. I bet @Concrete Helmet would be a good student.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Concrete Helmet , no reason you can't have a webbelt with extra ammo hanging by the gunsafe with that SG.

It needs to be on the belt.

Carriers like this allow stab two or just a quick one plus one reload. Eventually you may be able to grab four but it takes big hands, lots of practice, and some luck. For the field, I think you should practice two shells. (Bianchi)
DG_SAF_085_6-round%20shotgun%20shell%20holder-front%20view.jpg

Or this is good enough to be used for competition and field/self defense. (Ez8)
Ez8_s-6_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Next episodes:
Emergency reload (empty chamber) (this is actually the FIRST thing you learn)

Slug select (very gun dependent because there is a different manual of arms for each gun. Get training or do a lot of research and practice. Some guns-- 870-- you can remove directly from the tube)
(Note this is why I like to load my SG with at least one less in the tube and top off w buck or slug as necessary when Im pulling the SG)

One handed

Mehhhh... but some intro to cqb with a shotgun thoughts

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was unable to send mine back. I lost it in a tragic boating accident in the tortugas.
So then when you use it for self defense........... I just found it floating down my creek from the lake?

It's just dumbazz think.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
@Concrete Helmet and @AlexDaGator maybe, ive edited a bunch, so re read from the top.

Wow.

I don't know what you've been smoking.

Or maybe you think I've gotten stupid.

I'm not in the least concerned about weight. I ain't carrying it.

The belt-fed 12 gauge of my dreams is vehicle mounted.

Think Mk 19 but firing semi-auto 12 gauge instead of 40mm grenades.

iu

iu

I could take down entire flocks of ducks from the comfort of my golf cart, or minivan. Imagine it.

It would be glorious.

You know what? Forget it. I want the 40mm. You know, in case I need to send up a bunch of emergency signal flares all at the same time. Will my government let me buy one? Belt fed semi-auto flare gun? Suh-weeeeet.

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Wow.

I don't know what you've been smoking.

Or maybe you think I've gotten stupid.

I'm not in the least concerned about weight. I ain't carrying it.

iu

iu

I could take down entire flocks of ducks from the comfort of my golf cart, or minivan. Imagine it.

It would be glorious.

You know what? Forget it. I want the 40mm. You know, in case I need to send up a bunch of emergency signal flares all at the same time. Will my government let me buy one? Belt fed semi-auto flare gun? Suh-weeeeet.

Alex.
Well, I know a guy...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Sure thing.

But 40mm grenades are rounded on the end, for a reason.

That us why beltfed shotfun shells do not work (well, traditional 12g plastic hulls).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb