Firefox says this place is dangerous!

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Insecure-password-warning-in-Firefox/ta-p/27861

:panic:

protect-privacy.png

Insecure password warning in Firefox

This is a new feature that is available starting in Firefox version 51.

Firefox will display a grey lock icon with a red strike-through in the address bar, when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

medium

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've been noticing that. WTF?

The quick fix is to type "https://gatorchatter.com" then login, but for some reason it keeps sending me to unsecure pages eventually.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
F'n Ox. The **** that guy will do for a nickel. I think it's all part of the Trump/Russia conspiracy.
Send Ox $13.99 and he will end a secure connection. I feel better now knowing I'm safe on this site.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't aware anyone actually used Firefox anymore.
Well, you aren't particularly bright so we will give you a break.

Using Chrome sends EVERY ****ING KEYSTROKE to Google (the govt bans using it) and using Explorer/Edge is like riding a heroin whore with known hepatitis bareback.

Firefox is pretty much the only safe option (amongst the bigger browsers). You can add various no scripts and java blocker addons to make it as safe as you want. Even the Onion Browser (used for very secure browsing and even some intel work) is based on Firefox. I generally set my Firefox up for reasonably safe browsing (everything dangerous blocked) and leave Chrome set on to allow most things for those times when you must cruise the net with no condom on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb