First domino has fallen: Ivy League cancels 2020 football season

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Type 1 diabetes is bad enough. I can't imagine what a type 28 would be.

Given that Type 2 isn’t as severe as Type 1, I’d say Type 28 is pretty harmless. In fact, it must be really amazing. Type 28 probably means your pancreas can process not only all the sugar you care to eat but it eats viruses, toxic waste, and feces - no problem.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Evidently not the same Jackass Lawyer planet you occupy. On my planet we are plagued with too many lawyers (hence the predicted class action), and donkeys are an underutilized source of BBQ. Glad you’ve found your safe place.

Of note in the US alone, 25,000 people age 15-25 have died from COVID per the CDC. Not sure what the planetary or intergalactic totals are.

They are made up. Or at least wildly exaggerated.

Per CDC, it is 142 deaths in this age group: https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019

You are probably looking at the weekly data from whatever week you landed on or are within some limited geographic query. Cumulative deaths reported by the CDC in the United States in that age bracket are 25,000 and rising. But simply turning players into carriers is also a source of mortality to other more vulnerable age brackets among their families.

Further, there are long-lasting sublethal impairments that can occur that as far as I can see CDC isn’t publicly tracking (probably because they are rare). Like permanent lung damage. Lawyers probably already have business development and marketing campaigns teed up to pounce on this.

There’s so many unknowns that most universities are going to ultimately play it safe. There’s so much money to be lost, others are going to lobby to move forward.

The fact that universities taking the latter path would be profiting from externalizing the risk to their contract-bound mostly black players - the majority of whom have no shot at NFL careers - for the entertainment of mostly white audiences is just ripe for lawsuits.

I predict the season will first be postponed and may be ultimately abandoned depending on the continued epidiomelogical status of the disease. Anyone claiming to know whether such action is scientifically or socially justifiable is self-delusional. I don’t. Much is unknown. I just am making a prediction about how institutions will respond and providing speculative reasons why.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
You are probably looking at the weekly data from whatever week you landed on or are within some limited geographic query. Cumulative deaths reported by the CDC in the United States in that age bracket are 25,000 and rising. But simply turning players into carriers is also a source of mortality to other more vulnerable age brackets among their families.

Further, there are long-lasting sublethal impairments that can occur that as far as I can see CDC isn’t publicly tracking (probably because they are rare). Like permanent lung damage. Lawyers probably already have business development and marketing campaigns teed up to pounce on this.

There’s so many unknowns that most universities are going to ultimately play it safe. There’s so much money to be lost, others are going to lobby to move forward.

The fact that universities taking the latter path would be profiting from externalizing the risk to their contract-bound mostly black players - the majority of whom have no shot at NFL careers - for the entertainment of mostly white audiences is just ripe for lawsuits.

I predict the season will first be postponed and may be ultimately abandoned depending on the continued epidiomelogical status of the disease. Anyone claiming to know whether such action is scientifically or socially justifiable is self-delusional. I don’t. Much is unknown. I just am making a prediction about how institutions will respond and providing speculative reasons why.
Use listen to nrp radio?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You are probably looking at the weekly data from whatever week you landed on or are within some limited geographic query. Cumulative deaths reported by the CDC in the United States in that age bracket are 25,000 and rising.

dude, where are your getting these figures. The CDC link I gave you is all deaths from 2/1/20-7/4/20. It’s 142 that entire time. I don’t think 25,000 kids died in the last 7 days.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Get off ABC/CBS/NBC/NYT/WaPo/MSNBC/CNN and do your own damned research. There's plenty out there and from science and healthcare professionals both on the front lines and without obvious conflicts of interest. Frankly, it tells me a bit about either your intelligence or gullibility that you swallow what those treasonous charlatans spoon feed you without questioning their motives and obvious bias - even just a little. And sheep like you are entitled to your opinions just like me and everyone else. Your promulgating it just spreads the false narrative and pushes us closer to the edge.

As a third party observer, I still don't see the "source". Lots of name calling, villainizing because someone may disagree with him, but no "source".

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
dude, where are your getting these figures. The CDC link I gave you is all deaths from 2/1/20-7/4/20. It’s 142 that entire time. I don’t think 25,000 kids died in the last 7 days.

I did not say 25,000 in a week. I was seeing 25,000 deaths for the year (cumulatively), not for a one week snapshot.

However, I was looking at the wrong data column. The cumulative death toll in that age bracket is 25,000 for all causes (actually 26,000). COVID accounts for only 142 of those. I stand corrected. Sorry to be spreading misinformation about the misinformation.

Poman

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2016
Here's one of the leading state doctors in IL explaining how they count something as a COVID death.

Go to about the 30 second mark.

Also, if you look up the first COVID death in California, it's a woman who died of a heart attack. Her father said she had been sick about a month before, but had been feeling fine for weeks.

Coronavirus US: First death was California woman in FEBRUARY | Daily Mail Online

The COVID reported deaths are FAR from accurate, and officials are literally telling us this. It's not some conspiracy theory.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I am really confused now. On June 25 Uncle Joe Biden said 120 million had died from COVID. Back in February he said we have lost another 150 million to gun violence. With only about 60 million of us left shouldn't the beaches be less crowded?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Here's one of the leading state doctors in IL explaining how they count something as a COVID death.

Go to about the 30 second mark.

Also, if you look up the first COVID death in California, it's a woman who died of a heart attack. Her father said she had been sick about a month before, but had been feeling fine for weeks.

Coronavirus US: First death was California woman in FEBRUARY | Daily Mail Online

The COVID reported deaths are FAR from accurate, and officials are literally telling us this. It's not some conspiracy theory.

I read somewhere that all death statistics are very inaccurate, unless you get a lot of data how do you really know what killed someone with several health issues?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am really confused now. On June 25 Uncle Joe Biden said 120 million had died from COVID. Back in February he said we have lost another 150 million to gun violence. With only about 60 million of us left shouldn't the beaches be less crowded?
And the property is cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.