Gator Basketball UF 2020-21 Basketball: COVID-19 already effing up season

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday, Nov. 20 at 8pm on Fox Sports Florida. The Gators intro show will be aired at repeated times:

Airing Schedule
Sat 11/21/2020 - 8:00 PM (Fox Sports Florida)
Sun 11/22/2020 - 6:00 PM (Fox Sports Florida)
Mon 11/23/2020 - 8:00 AM (Fox Sports Florida)
Mon 11/23/2020 - 7:30 PM (Fox Sports Florida)
Tue 11/24/2020 - 9:00 AM (Fox Sports Florida)

This includes Lady Gators also.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Saturday, Nov. 20 at 8pm on Fox Sports Florida. The Gators intro show will be aired at repeated times:

Airing Schedule
Sat 11/21/2020 - 8:00 PM (Fox Sports Florida)
Sun 11/22/2020 - 6:00 PM (Fox Sports Florida)
Mon 11/23/2020 - 8:00 AM (Fox Sports Florida)
Mon 11/23/2020 - 7:30 PM (Fox Sports Florida)
Tue 11/24/2020 - 9:00 AM (Fox Sports Florida)

This includes Lady Gators also.
First game is scheduled for Wednesday!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure the last time I was this disinterested in UF basketball. They’ve been almost unbearable to watch under White. I was so excited last year and what a disappointment...hopefully they surprise

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure the last time I was this disinterested in UF basketball. They’ve been almost unbearable to watch under White. I was so excited last year and what a disappointment...hopefully they surprise

I’m a sucker so I’m still pumped. Got a lot of talent on this team, if White can’t make it work this year then he’s toast

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'm going to go ahead and get a jump on the season by saying Mike White Sucks.
We're stuck with him, so you know, Go Gators and stuff.
I'll be watching every damn game I can. Some amazing players on that team.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We have heard a lot of conversation about having a more uptempo offense. I’m more excited that we may have a really aggressive pressing defense. I hope so. As a high school coach when I had the horses we played 32 minutes of hell....baseline to baseline....sideline to sideline...position-less basketball. Every player on our team had to be able to match up with any player on their team. Trapping and rotating the length of the court. Kids loved it.

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Gators opener vs. UMass-Lowell, scheduled for this Wednesday, Nov 25, apparently in danger of cancellation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seriously, at this point, between the NBA players, MLB players, NFL players, and college football players and coaches that have tested positive, has a single one even required more than a few days rest, if they even had any symptoms to recover from at all? Zero deaths, not even any hospitalizations. At what point do we recognize that this is not affecting the average person and stop this insanity? Want to force masks, distancing, etc in order to play, fine. But altering seasons and killing the nature of the sport(s) is out of control and insane. Literally no other way to put it. The dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Seriously, at this point, between the NBA players, MLB players, NFL players, and college football players and coaches that have tested positive, has a single one even required more than a few days rest, if they even had any symptoms to recover from at all? Zero deaths, not even any hospitalizations. At what point do we recognize that this is not affecting the average person and stop this insanity? Want to force masks, distancing, etc in order to play, fine. But altering seasons and killing the nature of the sport(s) is out of control and insane. Literally no other way to put it. The dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

If the PCR cycle threshold was set down in the mid 20’s, where it should be according to some leading virologists, we would see 90% leas positives on tests. That would result in almost no impact of the virus on sports, and likely would move us out of the category of “pandemic” altogether. But that’s a PF topic.

I really wanted to see how UF would match up against UVA. Sad to see that one cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb