Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm uncannily accurate with guesstimating fish weights and usually underestimate by about 1/4 to 1/2# compared to a Boga Grip I used to keep on my flats boat. BUT if you are questioning the size/weights then consider for reference I'm 6'3" 250#.....The fish my son was holding was a solid 4.5, he's 5'2" and 140#.
Yes, I'm questioning the weights. Those bass are long but too skinny to be 7 or 8 pounds.

reelnsnook

Nov 7, 2015
South Texas Trout
19972f15b8b7da5195a66048f481627c.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes, I'm questioning the weights. Those bass are long but too skinny to be 7 or 8 pounds.
The fish on the bottom was probably almost 6" wide across the belly... but you're right... and as you can see I also held them out away from my body to make them appear larger than they were in real life....:facepalm:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
the big one got away.
The check is in the mail.
Im from the govt and here to help you.
She looked 18 to me.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Serious question guys, I just recently got into fishing about 2 months ago and have been in search of a good spot to saltwater fish around Jax. I've mostly gone to the vilano-beach pier and Nassau sound bridge. I've had some luck with Catfish, Spotted Trout and Whitting.

What are some of the better places to fish without a boat?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got to fish the Nantahala River in western NC this week. Got some decent rainbows and browns, and even an elusive brook trout.

5-EC8-B5-A8-2568-4-B75-9385-73-B741-A5-B85-E.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question guys, I just recently got into fishing about 2 months ago and have been in search of a good spot to saltwater fish around Jax. I've mostly gone to the vilano-beach pier and Nassau sound bridge. I've had some luck with Catfish, Spotted Trout and Whitting.

What are some of the better places to fish without a boat?

The old Vilano bridge used to be a good spot for trout but its been replaced and you can't fish from the new one. If youre in St Augustine, try around the Matanzas Inlet bridge and the beach there. Some big redfish there. The St Johns has some great spots, Mill Cove is one but unless you know the area you need a boat. Fishing the docks with a topwater plug at night will get some trout action. Reddie Point off Ft Caroline or wade the beach near the Coast Guard station at Mayport and drag some mud minnows across the sand for some flatties. Also try the beach off to the right before you get to the Nassau Sound bridge. Used to be called the Overalls, flounder there with mud minnows. I caught a 4 foot barracuda fishing off the rocks on the left side of the Nassau Sound heading north a couple years ago.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a pretty good catch. We went on a fishing trip with this girl and five other guys. She came back with a big red "snapper."

maxresdefault.jpg

She couldn't walk for a week.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Matanzas inlet is a good place. At lower tides, you can fish from the sandbar inside the inlet. Easy parking. Just south of the inlet is good beach access and decent surf fishing.

Beach side, pompano have been running. Inlet side, big reds, flounder a few drum and of course sharks.

Edit to add the nighttime Tarpon bite around Matanzas has been on fire lately

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, I know. This video is special to me. I had a kidney stone for like 6 months or more and haven't been able to do much at all for quite some time (passed it a few weeks ago finally, over 1/4"...hurt like hell!). It's awesome to finally feel like doing things again.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Yeah, I know. This video is special to me. I had a kidney stone for like 6 months or more and haven't been able to do much at all for quite some time (passed it a few weeks ago finally, over 1/4"...hurt like hell!). It's awesome to finally feel like doing things again.
Good to see you back, brother! Glad that ordeal is behind you, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator