Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And this popped on my FB just now...............
78772334_2468016890154765_585417464217600000_o.jpg

A1A Fisheries
December 7 at 11:03 AM ·

Local 43 lb. Wahoo caught yesterday off St. Augustine.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I only keep them if they're under about 5lbs. The big ones go back to make more babies with the "get big" genes.
I can’t eat a bass no matter what the size but you’re right trophy fish always HAVE to be released...the future of sport fishing is inside those big girls

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I can’t eat a bass no matter what the size but you’re right trophy fish always HAVE to be released...the future of sport fishing is inside those big girls
Strange, me either. Grew up eating them, but can't anymore. I also release reds over 10, maybe 8, pounds.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bass and crappie are my favorite fish fried. Catfish and bluegill are a close second. I bake/grill reds/snook/trout.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Alot of ppl eat bass I just never can keep them myself...can’t bring myself to hurt em...but I’ll eat a whole fryer basket full of speck

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
While I was raised in central Florida, my whole family is from north Alabama. Didn’t even know what a speck was until I was a teenager. They’ll always be crappie (pronounced “craw-pee”) to me.
I live in N Alabama now, took a couple of years to automatically say crappie!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm mostly a turkey hunter but blacks usually in Weiss Lake and Guntersville .
My family has a lake house on Lewis Smith Lake (Cullman side). I have a picture from when I was a kid of me and a buddy holding up 4 full stringers of crappie and we could’ve had more - just ran out of stringers. Now, you’re lucky to find a stringer full a year. Introduction and proliferation of striped bass (not edible, pure game fish) and a few other factors have totally ruined the population there. Recently, some idiot striper fishermen Introduced these blue herring that are overrunning the lake. Real pain in the butt. They nip at you when you’re floating in the water - hard to relax.

Edit: Smith Lake Herring Bust Leads to Invasive Species Charges | Cullman Today

Stupid sports fishing guides ruining the fun for recreational fishermen, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator