Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doctors Inlet in Orange Park when I was nine.
I grew up in OP as well. Had a pond behind my house that was man made. Lots of bluegill in it and later it just dried up.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Big cat I noodled in Georgia -sorry 812
9bd1e77921948c115cd836a3ad71fd7b.jpg

Snapper
images

29# Redfish I caught in Louisiana-he's as big as me!
IMG_0555.JPG

here's me with a nice tarpon I enticed to the fly in St Simons
georgia-fishing-tarpon-catch.jpg

And here I am on Lake Michigan after doing a little ice fishing. Had a pretty good day that day. Can you say Grumpy Old Men. Ha! Eat your heart out Brad.
0023ae6cf369124721c221.jpg

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doctors Inlet in Orange Park when I was nine. 22lb striped bass on a 6 pound line. Trilene sent me tons of free crap.
View attachment 3224

We use to camp at Rodman Dam. I loved bluegill fishing in the Oklawaha. One day, all the blue gill disappeared. This pike swims right up. I put the smalles blue gill back on my hook and set it in the water. That pike hit it like a lightening bolt. He was good eatin.

View attachment 3225

Be gentle. I was just a dorky kid. :lol:
We used to catch some real nice pike in Orange and Lochloosa lakes when I was a kid. We would stay at a small fish camp on Cross Creek.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pike. :lol: Out here they poison the lakes to kill off all the fish in an attempt to get rid of the damn pike.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up in OP as well. Had a pond behind my house that was man made. Lots of bluegill in it and later it just dried up.

I grew up on the Westside, near the school-previously-known-as Forrest. That whole area is the ultimate ghetto now.

That striped bass was caught just west of the 17 bridge, right at the entrance into Doctor's Lake. We've always called that Doctor's Inlet.... but I dont know if that is official. It's amazing how some events are burned into your memory. Everything about that morning is burned into mine.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up on the Westside, near the school-previously-known-as Forrest. That whole area is the ultimate ghetto now.

That striped bass was caught just west of the 17 bridge, right at the entrance into Doctor's Lake. We've always called that Doctor's Inlet.... but I dont know if that is official. It's amazing how some events are burned into your memory. Everything about that morning is burned into mine.
Yep, know exactly where you are talking about. And I agree. I can't tell you how many whooping are burned into my memory.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Dr's Inlet is actually the area at the south end of Dr's Lake that runs along hwy 220.

I didn't realize we had striped bass in the river around orange park. Maybe you caught the last one? :dunno:

I don't fish in the river much. I'm just not set up for fresh water and have always preferred the salt water along the intercoastal, marshes and beaches.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dr's Inlet is actually the area at the south end of Dr's Lake that runs along hwy 220.

I didn't realize we had striped bass in the river around orange park. Maybe you caught the last one? :dunno:

I don't fish in the river much. I'm just not set up for fresh water and have always preferred the salt water along the intercoastal, marshes and beaches.

That little section that feeds by Whitey's Fish camp?

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most stripers I have seen caught in the river were Orange Park and South (Shands bridge). I have seen a guy also catch them more than once jigging the old railroad trestle bridge downtown.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I would consider that Doctors inlet as well.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
this thread is enlightening - I've always pictured most of you as old, fat, ugly dudes, and for the most part, that ain't true :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Cooter is just a sexy basterd

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.