Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong time of year for wahoo, that’s a winter through early spring thing. Not that you can’t catch one at this time. Probably be looking for dolphin (that’s kind of a spring thing as well). That far out maybe use radar to locate birds / bait balls and tuna.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll try to get a Scallop report from Bryan at the Condo and let you know whats going on with them.
Appreciate it, hope it’s better than last year. We still got them but really had to work for em and did not limit every day like usual.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Appreciate it, hope it’s better than last year. We still got them but really had to work for em and did not limit every day like usual.
Talked to Bryan today at Sunset Place and he says the people coming into the condo are doing really well.
He also said its a madhouse down there so don't be surprised if the scallops get thined out by the middle of July, Ill get another report a couple weeks into July.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More importantly what would a charter cost for two days of blue cat fishing?

I've never taken a charter in fresh water so I have no idea. People who come with me don't pay anything unless they just want to throw a $5 bill in for parking. Sometimes Russ brings sammiches too.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well I’m willing to pay for a big Blue cat or at least split gas and bait costs...and yes I’ll pay the 5.00 and bring sandwiches

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Talked to Bryan today at Sunset Place and he says the people coming into the condo are doing really well.
He also said its a madhouse down there so don't be surprised if the scallops get thined out by the middle of July, Ill get another report a couple weeks into July.
Thanks for the update.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I’m willing to pay for a big Blue cat or at least split gas and bait costs...and yes I’ll pay the 5.00 and bring sandwiches

I'm no guide. I don't know all the best spots to catch those big trophy blue cats, although I've caught a few. It's a lot of fun chasing them because they can be one place one day and somewhere a few miles away the next. They move with the food. I'm learning to give myself a better chance than I used to when I had no clue, but there's still a lot of guesswork involved with me because I don't have years and years of fishing the lake like the guides do. That said, I'd take you and do my damn well best to get you on a good one before the day was over. You ever come up this way, give me a holler. If it's possible, I'll take you and you won't need to pay me anything. I kinda like fishing too. It's what I do when I'm not wasting time here or watching YouTube videos.:lol:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I'm no guide. I don't know all the best spots to catch those big trophy blue cats, although I've caught a few. It's a lot of fun chasing them because they can be one place one day and somewhere a few miles away the next. They move with the food. I'm learning to give myself a better chance than I used to when I had no clue, but there's still a lot of guesswork involved with me because I don't have years and years of fishing the lake like the guides do. That said, I'd take you and do my damn well best to get you on a good one before the day was over. You ever come up this way, give me a holler. If it's possible, I'll take you and you won't need to pay me anything. I kinda like fishing too. It's what I do when I'm not wasting time here or watching YouTube videos.:lol:

Deal...I love fishing regardless but I can’t go for free

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Deal...I love fishing regardless but I can’t go for free
Let me know when you'll be in the area. We'll figure something out. I just love to fish. Bringing someone along means I have someone to talk to other than the fish.:lol:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Now I’m not concerned...I usually talk to the fish myself so at least it won’t be awkward

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator