Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just wanted to show that I occasionally catch a redfish myself. Twenty-two inches. Good eating size.
Going tomorrow. Hope I get a couple slot sized to bring home.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Mark Kelly?
:rotfl: That is hilarious. I had to look up Mark Kelly to see what you meant. I can definitely see a resemblance with him. And he is only 11 days older than I am too. Still, he has way more money than me so the difference is glaring...:shakehead:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:rotfl: That is hilarious. I had to look up Mark Kelly to see what you meant. I can definitely see a resemblance with him. And he is only 11 days older than I am too. Still, he has way more money than me so the difference is glaring...:shakehead:

Tou looked a lot better sprawled out at the bottom of that cliff I pushed you off of. (btw, I can’t find that picture anymore)

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Tou looked a lot better sprawled out at the bottom of that cliff I pushed you off of. (btw, I can’t find that picture anymore)
Yeah, I haven't seen it in a long time either. Maybe I have a copy of it on my work computer...

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone fish the intercostal around Cresent Beach? Were over here for August and brought the boat but have never fished here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone fish the intercostal around Cresent Beach? Were over here for August and brought the boat but have never fished here.
Too far south for any tips from me. Sorry, buddy. Hope you figure it out and catch em up!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Too far south for any tips from me. Sorry, buddy. Hope you figure it out and catch em up!
Thanks anyway MJ, I'll figure something out. Ive been eying the inlet here, Matanzas Inlet and thinking about running out to some near shore wrecks but theres no channel markers and you can see sand bars everywhere. Will probably keep my ass in the intercostal.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Matanzas inlet is VERY sketchy. Be careful if you try and go out, especially at low tide. If you do go out, Pogy Pods should be on the beaches. Cast net some, and toss into pods with a small weight. Bull reds, sharks, and an occasional cobia will be on them. Can also slow troll pogies for kings around nearshore wrecks.

Inshore, top water at first light can produce nice trout and reds. Mud minnows or finger mullet around docks, rocks, creek mouths can be good for flounder and reds, especially at the last of outgoing/first of incoming tide. I fish Jax and St Augustine , but your just South of St Aug.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Matanzas inlet is VERY sketchy. Be careful if you try and go out, especially at low tide. If you do go out, Pogy Pods should be on the beaches. Cast net some, and toss into pods with a small weight. Bull reds, sharks, and an occasional cobia will be on them. Can also slow troll pogies for kings around nearshore wrecks.

Inshore, top water at first light can produce nice trout and reds. Mud minnows or finger mullet around docks, rocks, creek mouths can be good for flounder and reds, especially at the last of outgoing/first of incoming tide. I fish Jax and St Augustine , but your just South of St Aug.
Thanks Salt
Walked out on the Matanzas bridge yesterday and saw a boat marked U.F. research. Guy at the bait store told me they were tagging reds.
Fished from the beach today a little and got some whiting .
Going out in the boat Sat and Monday inshore, going to target flounder and mangrove snapper Sat. reds and trout Monday , that is if the weather's OK.
That inlet just looks too spooky, think I will just stay inshore while were here.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I caught a bunch of inshore mangroves last weekend at and near the St Augustine inlet jigging live shrimp. They are thick inshore right now.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Dog gone red tide reported off Suwannee yesterday , big fish kill.
Between the Buzzards circling Doak Campbell Stadium and a fish kill, the Big Bend area could stink it up for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.