Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
wyatt snook.jpeg

Boy caught this one in cocoa awhile back. Skipping live shrimp under the mangroves...first cast, lucky lil f......!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Boy caught this one in cocoa awhile back. Skipping live shrimp under the mangroves...first cast, lucky lil f......!
Nice fish !
We used to go down to Manasota Key every year and fish the intercostal for Snook.
They would be stacked up in a place called Stump pass, a very fun fish to catch.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I use to dive the dark waters of Suwannee up around White Springs. If I had seen this picture I. Probably wouldn’t have.
Forgot to mention, click the pic for an article about it. It mentions that the heaviest gator ever caught was in Alachua County, in Orange Lake.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I thought eagles were solitary birds. Never heard of them gathering in big flocks like this before.

They could be trying to tell us something. Maybe this post belongs in the PF??

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I thought eagles were solitary birds. Never heard of them gathering in big flocks like this before.

They could be trying to tell us something. Maybe this post belongs in the PF??

In June of 2019 my job sent me to Kodiak, AK for 7 weeks. While there I saw many Bald Eagles. One morning I stopped at the Pagashak river where it dumps into the Pacific. There were about 18 eagles, both adults and some juveniles, hanging around looking for Salmon swimming up the river. I saw one adult eagle swoop down and catch a Salmon and take off. When it did that every one of the other eagles took chase to try and steal the catch.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In June of 2019 my job sent me to Kodiak, AK for 7 weeks. While there I saw many Bald Eagles. One morning I stopped at the Pagashak river where it dumps into the Pacific. There were about 18 eagles, both adults and some juveniles, hanging around looking for Salmon swimming up the river. I saw one adult eagle swoop down and catch a Salmon and take off. When it did that every one of the other eagles took chase to try and steal the catch.
damn democrats :lol:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Worked at the Phosphate mines in White Springs and saw Eagles chase Ospreys that had caught fish out of one of the many lakes there. Sometimes the Osprey would give up and drop the fish .
We had many Eagles there but never got to see what you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.