Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Old school, Casey Key in 1967. Caught LOTS of them that size and bigger under the bridge fender lights.
Me and my little brother.
Nice catch. Is that a Snook?

TommyWilliamsTrout1-678x381 (1).jpg

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Old school, Casey Key in 1967. Caught LOTS of them that size and bigger under the bridge fender lights.
Use to go down to Manasota Key every year and fish stump pass for Snook, a great snook fishery down there, a heck of a fun dish to catch

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
My Dad would take me down to Chokoloski or even farther south to a tiny spot called Goodland. Great fun and superior table fare.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
There is a long story about this fish. We had a great dad. Mom, despite the demons she lived with did a good job, too. Every summer we would go to Nokomis Fla for two weeks and stay in a small effiency for two weeks. It was as close to heaven as you can get. We had the gulf on one side and the intercoastal water way on the other to fish in. The old motel had a small kitchen, living room and one bedroom for mom and dad. Mike and I slept on couches and kevin had the roll away bed. Each day we swam in the gulf and picked up dozens of sharks teeth on the walk to the Venice Jetties. At night we would fish near the bridge under the lights that showed the clearance for the boats traveling under the bridge. Those lights attracted tons of bait that in turn attracted monster snook. The one we were holding was close to 10lbs that dad probably caught on a plug. I was 12 and Mike was 10 in that picture. Those good old days were actuallly great old days. You can see that in our faces. The gulf was so close to the rooms you could throw a rock into it from our front door.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I am currently working temporarily out on Kauai, Hawaii. When I get home I am hoping to take the family down to the coast to take the boys out deep sea fishing. Probably will go out of either Pensacola or Destin. Anyone got better suggestions?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I am currently working temporarily out on Kauai, Hawaii. When I get home I am hoping to take the family down to the coast to take the boys out deep sea fishing. Probably will go out of either Pensacola or Destin. Anyone got better suggestions?
Charisma charters out of Mexico Beach is top notch
a little further south of where your talking about

got a friend that used Aquatic charter’s out of Destin , highly recommends them

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hey Salt
We broke camp today in Steinhatchee making way for the Scallopers. (Renters)
So to answer your question probably not. If I get an invite from a buddy with a offshore boat Ill probably take them up, but right now my bay boat is back in Lake City.
Dont know much about Cedar Key except they have a pretty good ramp and not much of a marina, most charters out of the Hatch are running out at least 50 miles, you should find some snapper around 30 -35 miles out

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Salt
We broke camp today in Steinhatchee making way for the Scallopers. (Renters)
So to answer your question probably not. If I get an invite from a buddy with a offshore boat Ill probably take them up, but right now my bay boat is back in Lake City.
Dont know much about Cedar Key except they have a pretty good ramp and not much of a marina, most charters out of the Hatch are running out at least 50 miles, you should find some snapper around 30 -35 miles out
I will be in Steinhatchee in July for scalloping.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Charisma charters out of Mexico Beach is top notch
a little further south of where your talking about

got a friend that used Aquatic charter’s out of Destin , highly recommends them
Definitely not opposed to going to Mexico Beach. That is where I last went out fishing from but that was 10 years ago when my youngest was only 4 y/o. I left him with Momma and he cried as the boat was departing. Now it is his turn to go out. Charisma looks to be a higher priced boat for what I am looking for but I sent them a message to get their prices anyways. Thanks for the input...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.