Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Built my home in '76 on 5 acres in Sandy Acres CR 22 I think off 441 back when I worked for Xerox.
Lots of fishing on Suwannee & Santa Fe rivers, swimming in Poe & Ginnie Springs. Hunting Pinhook Swamp & Osceola National Forest.
I miss High Pings... :lol:

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Built my home in '76 on 5 acres in Sandy Acres CR 22 I think off 441 back when I worked for Xerox.
Lots of fishing on Suwannee & Santa Fe rivers, swimming in Poe & Ginnie Springs. Hunting Pinhook Swamp & Osceola National Forest.
I miss High Pings... :lol:
Spent countless hours fishing for red bellies with my dad growing up and many more hours diving the Santa Fe and Suwannee
poe springs was our go to back then , you could drive right up to the spring and it was free, if you wanted to be a little up scale we’d go to. Blue or Ginnie

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Going to give it a try in Waccasassa tomorrow. I have a friend and his son in the area on spring break from Wisconsin.

First time on the flats this year, fished the river and oyster bars in early February, but no luck that day.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Going to give it a try in Waccasassa tomorrow. I have a friend and his son in the area on spring break from Wisconsin.

First time on the flats this year, fished the river and oyster bars in early February, but no luck that day.
Share some pics of your haul.

If you don’t catch anything, you’d better find some hot chicks in bikinis to get pics of and share!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Fish there often with my Dad coming up, lots of fond memories. That’s was when you could keep a 12 inch trout and god know how many redfish.
Some bad memories too. Dad had a piece of chit Chrysler outboard that would start when it wanted too and if you hit a or Oyster bar it would shear the pin in the prop , the good old days.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Some bad memories too. Dad had a piece of chit Chrysler outboard
Back before the days of modern outboards(DFI's and Four strokes) there was an old joke that went "what's big, black, fast and only works when it wants to"? :rotfl: I refused to ever own a Merc or Force when buying any of the 8 boats I've owned.

Those old Chryslers and later Force's were god awful and I remember coming up with something very important to do everytime one of my neighbors would offer to take me offshore out of Canaveral in his CC with a 120HP Force.....that SOB would literally end up getting towed in every other time he went.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Back before the days of modern outboards(DFI's and Four strokes) there was an old joke that went "what's big, black, fast and only works when it wants to"? :rotfl: I refused to ever own a Merc or Force when buying any of the 8 boats I've owned.

Those old Chryslers and later Force's were god awful and I remember coming up with something very important to do everytime one of my neighbors would offer to take me offshore out of Canaveral in his CC with a 120HP Force.....that SOB would literally end up getting towed in every other time he went.
30 years ago a tow would cost around $600 for pulling you in from anything further than about 3 miles from the inlet. Can’t imagine what it would be these days.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Going out Sunday in the Suwannee looking for redfish with my family. Second time fishing for reds; first time in our "new to us" boat.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
18 specks, 3 silver, 1 Spanish.

2 boats. 2 fishing per boat.
e5a7f4766fe8b37efe8ac6f22ddf3d12.jpg
f8eabb79efd5b8d18ff7470b6194ce04.jpg

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hit a few creeks in St Augustine today, and then fished the inlet at the beginning of the incoming tide. Had 1 underslot red, 1 bluefish, 1 sail cat, 1 sand trout, 2 keeper flounder, and 1 keeper puppy drum. My daughter lost a small tarpon boat side. Was a beautiful day on the water. Will post the fish tomorrow when they are on the cleaning board. IMG_0157.jpeg

Last edited:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

My Dad always preached to stay away from Mercury, and go with Johnson or Evinrude. We always had Johnson’s when I was growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator