Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love flounder, but don't catch a lot. Everyone says structure, but my catches seem random(unless I gig them). Any secrets?
Near jubilee conditions now so they are literally stacked up on top of each other in some places and thick and feeding the rest these days. I use live shrimp & bull minnows normally around known rock piles and piers at dawn or dusk. Moving tide, doesn’t matter if it’s a flood or ebb, just moving.
I’ve also had frequent success on 1/8 & 1/4 oz jigs with white body & pink tails as well.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Near jubilee conditions now so they are literally stacked up on top of each other in some places and thick and feeding the rest these days. I use live shrimp & bull minnows normally around known rock piles and piers at dawn or dusk. Moving tide, doesn’t matter if it’s a flood or ebb, just moving.
I’ve also had frequent success on 1/8 & 1/4 oz jigs with white body & pink tails as well.
Thanks. Over the years I have caught quite a few, but only got into a school once. We were with a guide in a marsh in Louisiana when he went "out" (just out into the bay) to try for specs. Off a little bar, we started catching flounder on every cast. The float would hit the water and disappear. When we didn't want to leave the guide got angry and cranked up anyway, saying "we came to catch redfish".
P.S. Is gigging flounder legal in Florida?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. Over the years I have caught quite a few, but only got into a school once. We were with a guide in a marsh in Louisiana when he went "out" (just out into the bay) to try for specs. Off a little bar, we started catching flounder on every cast. The float would hit the water and disappear. When we didn't want to leave the guide got angry and cranked up anyway, saying "we came to catch redfish".
P.S. Is gigging flounder legal in Florida?
lol, Louisiana will spoil you fast if you’re not used to the numbers of really good sized fish they have in seemingly every bay, bayou and estuary!

Yes, Flounder can be legally taken by gigging, as long as they’re 14” or longer, and the daily limit is 5.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Pictures from today.
0c1ef7d9f103ff7e983adba58a2543a2.jpg
15266b12177ca74bcd0128c28491ec9a.jpg

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Fish bite a hook twice a day.
Before I get there and after I leave.

That happens to the best of us.

An old time guide that operated out of Hackberry, LA and had a TV show, Terry Shaughnessy signed off of his weekly show with, "You should'a been here yesterday!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mamab