Florida at Vandy - Hoops

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Just a terrible loss. What I saw was:
-Home cooking by the refs.
-Terrible job on the boards and on defense.
-Billy doesn't know how to coach these guys up. Maybe they're just uncoachable, but there is a serious disconnect between the team and the coaches right now.

If things don't change quickly I wouldn't be surprised to see some key transfers at the end of the season..

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
t-gator;n168241 said:
If you're not a fan of Billy then you're not a gator. You have zero understanding of the game,you've made that very clear

Well I guess my diplomas and tuition bills meant nothing then. So I don't drink the koolaid or wear O and B glass 24/7/365. I call it as I see it. I was not a Zook fan nor a WM fan, so does that not make me a Gator?. I never thought SOS was a great coach in certain rudimentary aspects. But I am no less of a fan than anyone else. I just happen to watch games differently as opposed to just looking at the scoreboard at the end of the nite. The process will yield the results, therefore the process is what I care about!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fire Foley and don't think BD or SOS are great coaches. Yeah, you're opinion means less than nothing.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should just officially change the name of the school to University of Flrida. No "O."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What a hideous loss. No way to swing this one. No excuse for losing to a bad team. They needed to win this one. I'm at a loss for words and I'm sure Donovan is too. What's a coach to do?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n168236 said:
You said it, but if I may disagree slightly, you are being too kind. This team's basketball IQ is ZERO. And I have never been one of Billy's biggest fans and many think Billy is a genius, but some of the IQ situation does have to rest with him. Forget about physical and talent deficiencies, but 20+ games into the season and they show no understanding of some of the most basic basketball situations.
:lol: He's one of the best coaches in college basketball and a future hall of famer.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n168250 said:
Well I guess my diplomas and tuition bills meant nothing then. So I don't drink the koolaid or wear O and B glass 24/7/365. I call it as I see it. I was not a Zook fan nor a WM fan, so does that not make me a Gator?. I never thought SOS was a great coach in certain rudimentary aspects. But I am no less of a fan than anyone else. I just happen to watch games differently as opposed to just looking at the scoreboard at the end of the nite. The process will yield the results, therefore the process is what I care about!

spchlss.gif

Put down the pipe & check yourself into rehab.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
PastyStoole;n168423 said:
:lol: He's one of the best coaches in college basketball and a future hall of famer.
No arguing with that. He's the best coach we've ever had at UF, any sport IMO, but there's also no denying this season isn't a shining moment for him or the team. He seems to almost have given up on these guys. We were getting screwed by the refs repeatedly and I didn't really see any reaction or working of the refs by Billy. Then he called our 4th time out leaving us with only one with almost 6 minutes left only to have the play out of that TO be Hill driving into a triple team for a badly missed layup. It felt like SOS punting on 3rd down.

A win against UK would go an awful long way toward getting things right but that seems so remote it's almost not worth thinking about. I hope these guys can see the potential for a brighter future because no one, coaches or players are having fun right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb