Gator Baseball Florida baseball all-time starting nine

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
NCAA.com put together a neat article where they selected the all-time starting 9 for Gator baseball. Some interesting picks and definitely fun to think about all of the insane talent that has come through Gainesville.

I wish they would have picked the full pitching rotation and maybe some relievers, not just a single starter. Anyways, here is the lineup.

2B - David Eckstein
SS - Mark Ellis
OF - Brad Wilkerson
C - Mike Zunino
1B - Matt LaPorta
3B - Pat Osborn
OF - Preston Tucker
OF - Ben Harrison
SP - Logan Shore

So, what would yours look like? What if you include a weekend rotation and some relievers? Definitely hard to ignore people like Brady Singer, Brian Johnson, AJ Puk, Alex Faedo, and Darren O'Day. Offensively, people like India and Austin Maddox could be argued (and I'm sure many others like Schwarz based on his best seasons).

We picked Florida baseball's all-time starting nine | NCAA.com

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
NCAA.com put together a neat article where they selected the all-time starting 9 for Gator baseball. Some interesting picks and definitely fun to think about all of the insane talent that has come through Gainesville.

I wish they would have picked the full pitching rotation and maybe some relievers, not just a single starter. Anyways, here is the lineup.

2B - David Eckstein
SS - Mark Ellis
OF - Brad Wilkerson
C - Mike Zunino
1B - Matt LaPorta
3B - Pat Osborn
OF - Preston Tucker
OF - Ben Harrison
SP - Logan Shore

So, what would yours look like? What if you include a weekend rotation and some relievers? Definitely hard to ignore people like Brady Singer, Brian Johnson, AJ Puk, Alex Faedo, and Darren O'Day. Offensively, people like India and Austin Maddox could be argued (and I'm sure many others like Schwarz based on his best seasons).

We picked Florida baseball's all-time starting nine | NCAA.com

Well Robby Thompson actually played second base was a 11 year MLB player and made the all star game twice.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Assuming this is college only it is not a bad list. As for your adds, I would say Justin Hoyman as SP. I assume your inclusion of the name AJ Puk was just for a laugh. 2 or so good outings in college does not make up for hitting guys and walking guys consistently!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great list and needs a 2nd and 3rd team with our rich baseball history. Sully has really enriched our talent base and has us contending for the CWS just about every year. He has gotten us to the CWS in 7 of his 11 seasons at UF. Best out of anyone who has ever coached at UF. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.