Florida blows first game of SEC Tournament to Arkansas

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Lol this is some funny shcit. 1st team all conference, all defensive team and our all time assist leader. Are you being serious when you call him a back up? And you want Hudson to leave early so Ballard can have those minutes? Mahoe, you're my boy but just stop. And please forgive me if you were kidding.

I didn't say he sucked. I said he's not a starter. He played really well off the bench last year as a change of pace and spark. He's great in that role like Erving Walker.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The line in the sand continues to be pushed back. “If we don’t do well in the SEC Tourney...”. Then it’s “If we don’t do well in the NCAA Tourney...”. Then it will be “If we don’t do well next year...”.
Except no one really cares what happens in the SECT. It's all about the big dance. I'd say the over under on calling this a good year for White is 2 wins. A sweet 16 loss will be like "okay, we made it to second weekend but lets build on that next year." A loss in first or second round will be seen as underachieving, especially a one and done.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Except no one really cares what happens in the SECT. It's all about the big dance. I'd say the over under on calling this a good year for White is 2 wins. A sweet 16 loss will be like "okay, we made it to second weekend but lets build on that next year." A loss in first or second round will be seen as underachieving, especially a one and done.
Except going into the SECT everyone DID care about their performance. It’s only after the opening loss that it doesn’t matter.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unless Ballard makes a big jump he will be passed by Locke and Keyontae next season. We may have a lot of time with 3 freshman on the court at the same time depending on who leaves
I've said it last night, I don't think ballard works out here. I don't see where he fits in with next years class coming in.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I've said it last night, I don't think ballard works out here. I don't see where he fits in with next years class coming in.
I could see that, especially if Allen and/or Hudson return. Ballard has a lot of potential but just not under control and not enough handles to see it shine imo

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I could see that, especially if Allen and/or Hudson return. Ballard has a lot of potential but just not under control and not enough handles to see it shine imo

Reminds me of what Prather looked like his first 2 years....

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
All I’ll say is I wish all our players played with the toughness and grit that’s Cheese does. Baffling that some could bash him. Weird times.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reminds me of what Prather looked like his first 2 years....
You obviously didn't see prather play in the sec tourney his sophomore year. And prather never played scared

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
That Bjork didn't commit to Thad Matta after the interview a week ago makes me think White could very well be high on his list. Ole Miss doesn't want to wait too long to make a decision and risk being in competition with high-profile programs.

White fits what they are looking for. Question is, does White consider Ole Miss more desirable?
Kermit Davis will be hired at Ole miss when his season is over. Look for Tom crean to UGA per both groups respective "insiders". Tifwiw

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All I’ll say is I wish all our players played with the toughness and grit that’s Cheese does. Baffling that some could bash him. Weird times.
Very weird. Anyone who does that should be ashamed. The guy has the grittiest, toughest turnovers in college basketball.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You obviously didn't see prather play in the sec tourney his sophomore year. And prather never played scared

So by the end of his sophomore season is when he started figuring it out, huh?

Ballard is out of control, highly doubt he’s scared.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
A few of my thoughts that no one probably cares about on this thread since the end of the game:

1. Ballard is in Francis-Ramirez territory from the arc. In his year at UF Francis-Ramirez shot 16.9 from the arc at UF. Ballard is now shooting 15.6% from the arc, but has attempted fewer than Francis-Ramirez. The good news is now going by Francis, his offense has come around and he makes right at 40% of his 3s. So there is some hope for Ballard.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3137796/brandone-francis

2. Chiozza is a good gritty PG. I do agree he has his weaknesses like an

3. Hudson is a scoring guard. What scoring guards to is score. So it is not selfish for a SG to score. His size and scoring ability makes him an NBA prospect.

4 Among the mysteries in the game last night to me are:

A. Why Ballard played before Okuaru?

B. Why Bassett played only 4 minutes.

C. Why UF guards pass to bigs like Gak late in the shot clock like they will get a pass off or a shot off before it expires????

D. How Hudson and Allen can go 1 out of 5 from the FT line?

Oh well, as I and others keep saying, the tourney next week matters, no one remembers the one this week.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
The last thing this team needed was three games in three days. It's just about matchups and hitting shots from here on out. I'm willing to let it play out then see how White addresses the teams weaknesses in the off season before calling for his firing.
We're weak in the front court. White's signed 2 guards and a wing....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Except going into the SECT everyone DID care about their performance. It’s only after the opening loss that it doesn’t matter.
Auburn lost, Mizzou lost, UF lost. Not one of those fan bases will care at all so long as they win in the NCAA. Seriously, the only ones who care about the conference tournaments are the bubble teams who need a win or 2 (Bama) and the would-be Cinderella's. Would I like to have won? Sure, but do I care at this point? Nope, because we weren't on the bubble going in. But again, early exit from the NCAA and I'll sharpen up the pitchfork right along with you.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
Auburn lost, Mizzou lost, UF lost. Not one of those fan bases will care at all so long as they win in the NCAA. Seriously, the only ones who care about the conference tournaments are the bubble teams who need a win or 2 (Bama) and the would-be Cinderella's. Would I like to have won? Sure, but do I care at this point? Nope, because we weren't on the bubble going in. But again, early exit from the NCAA and I'll sharpen up the pitchfork right along with you.
Agree to a point. Hopefully it humbles these kids because they tend to play their best after getting their butts kicked.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We're weak in the front court. White's signed 2 guards and a wing....

I sort of agree with you. In White's defense it is possible that his big man was going to be the kid who got in trouble in Orlando. Also of course UF is probably losing a PG, SG and undersized SF. White probably feels that since one of the SGs he signed is 6'5" tall he has replaced Koulechov, but I sort of doubt it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I made the statement that the line in the sand continues to move. You're just making my point.

I never said the SECT matters except that it did till we lost. Hell, with your argument, the regular season doesn't matter either and, well, that's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.