Gator Basketball Florida blows out USCe - nations toughest schedule coming up

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we can win 2 of the 4 , we're on the bubble and have a chance to make the tourney

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Detroitgator

I could have used your Michigan knowledge at trivia the other night…halftime question was name 4 of the 6 most populated cities other than Detroit…we got 2 of em
OK, I'm going to try to do this without looking it up and I'm going to assume that by "Detroit," they mean the entire Metro Detroit area and not just the city proper... here are six in no particular order:
  1. Flint
  2. Lansing
  3. Grand Rapids
  4. Traverse City (can't believe how its grown over my lifetime).
  5. Saginaw
  6. Ann Arbor/Ypsi
Now I'm going to look it up!

Edit: OK, the two sites I looked at for cities by population break up Metro Detroit, but even with that, I got 3 with Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Lansing. I shoulda thought of Kalamazoo though. If I would have made a guess splitting up Metro Detroit, I definitely would have had Warren, Sterling Heights, and Dearborn on my list with GR, Lansing, and AA as my other 3.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
My SIL is from Pontiac. She went to Lake Superior U at the Sioux.
Do you have that accent, too? Lol

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My SIL is from Pontiac. She went to Lake Superior U at the Sioux.
Do you have that accent, too? Lol
It's "Soo," buddy... and it's Lake Superior STATE U... as for the accents, for me, today, after being away for going on 38 years, the accents of my Michigan peeps sound to me like people from Whiss-CON-sun sounded like when I was a kid!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, didn't look up the spelling. She's been down here probably 40 years and still has that thing in certain words.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah, didn't look up the spelling. She's been down here probably 40 years and still has that thing in certain words.
Law Donk and I would swap SSM stories... he was banished there for awhile :lol:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
My brother has been a fortunate man.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
OK, I'm going to try to do this without looking it up and I'm going to assume that by "Detroit," they mean the entire Metro Detroit area and not just the city proper... here are six in no particular order:
  1. Flint
  2. Lansing
  3. Grand Rapids
  5. Saginaw
  6. Ann Arbor/Ypsi

Edit: OK, the two sites I looked at for cities by population break up Metro Detroit, but even with that, I got 3 with Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Lansing. I shoulda thought of Kalamazoo though. If I would have made a guess splitting up Metro Detroit, I definitely would have had Warren, Sterling Heights, and Dearborn on my list with GR, Lansing, and AA as my other 3.
This is the kind of thrilling, edgy, intriguing post that keeps this place fresh. To think I almost missed it because I was going watch some mold grow on an old container of sour cream in my fridge. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Last edited:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Miss the good ol days

20061013_Corey_Brewer_Midnight_Madness_Dunk_exhibition.jpg

We’ll get back someday

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
  1. Flint
  2. Lansing
  3. Grand Rapids
  5. Saginaw
  6. Ann Arbor/Ypsi

You nailed it Obi Wan! So based on the US Census....it was (out of order) Warren, Sterling Heights, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Dearborn.....we said Kalamazoo, Bay City, Ann Arbor and Lansing...can't believe I didn't think of Grand Rapids....I have never heard of Warren or Sterling Heights....but yes anything outside of Metro Detroit so that last list you gave was all 6

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
This is the kind of thrilling, edgy, intriguing post that keeps this place fresh. To think I almost missed it because I was going watch some mold grow on an old container of sour cream in my fridge. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Fine...I will invite you to trivia next time... all you had to do was ask

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You nailed it Obi Wan! So based on the US Census....it was (out of order) Warren, Sterling Heights, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Dearborn.....we said Kalamazoo, Bay City, Ann Arbor and Lansing...can't believe I didn't think of Grand Rapids....I have never heard of Warren or Sterling Heights....but yes anything outside of Metro Detroit so that last list you gave was all 6
Yeah, Warren and Sterling Heights are really Metro Detroit... the question shoulda really been next 6 out of Wayne/Oakland/Macomb Counties. Hell, Ann Arbor is practically a suburb now. As a kid, it felt a million miles away

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So far it's inconclusive but beginning to trend positively. He may be a decent hire but we need another full season before making any full judgments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator