Gator Baseball Florida breaks ground on $65 million baseball stadium

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
**** baseball, I don't know a single person who's watched a single baseball game since the braves won the world series when I was 4th grade. Watching baseball is like having aids, except baseball is a lot worse.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's going to be an awesome baseball stadium. It'll probably be open by the time I: retire from the Coast Guard, sell my current house, move back to Florida, start a new career/job, buy a new house, attend several Gatorchatter get togethers, and many, many, many other things....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“The plan is highlighted by renovations to Bryant-Denny Stadium that will cost more than $250 million.”

NOT to mention their investment in the other football related facilities and their sports science area (their “how to” department for getting around PED drug tests) etc.

Saban invested one million personally and was quoted as saying “they couldn’t get complacent about the accomplishments of the past and have to be looking toward the future...”

Wow! If only UF would’ve done this 10 years ago! Damn bama will have “completed” TWO major renovations before we “start” our FIRST one! They will continue to have their pick of players and others will fight over the scraps they throw out...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If ever there was a thread to troll for emotions, this is it. Baseball boy Stricklin smuggly pointing to what will be a foul pole, Fuchs looking like a stand-up comic and me wondering why they don't use all that vacant land to start fresh and build a state of-the-art football stadium, damn the baseball thing.

The "buy photo" tag. Now that's a hoot. Who's going to buy a photo of Foley for any other reason than target practice?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
NOT to mention their investment in the other football related facilities and their sports science area (their “how to” department for getting around PED drug tests) etc.

Saban invested one million personally and was quoted as saying “they couldn’t get complacent about the accomplishments of the past and have to be looking toward the future...”

Wow! If only UF would’ve done this 10 years ago! Damn bama will have “completed” TWO major renovations before we “start” our FIRST one! They will continue to have their pick of players and others will fight over the scraps they throw out...

Agree on this. Alabama has made the commitment, along w/ a few other programs like Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, A&M, LSU, UGA, etc.

This all goes back to Foley's famous quote, "...we're not getting into an arms race." THAT was the moment this program died. Sure, we're trying to come back...but there are still some very poor decisions happening down there at the UAA.

Let's just hope Mullen is the answer - as not only a coach, but a CEO. And that we can bide the time until we have a stand alone.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My earlier photo post did not do this monumental news justice. Here is the complete video from the groundbreaking baseball stadium ceremony. Watch if you choose!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My earlier photo post did not do this monumental news justice. Here is the complete video from the groundbreaking baseball stadium ceremony. Watch if you choose!

Although you posted the actual footage, they're trying to pass this twitter post of as "real footage":

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I cannot believe we're actually doing this. Its beyond comprehension. So the story was that we have to move baseball to build what we need for football. That has now changed to we're building a new baseball stadium so old people will have some shade and if we happen to raise enough money, we'll build a football facility sometime many years from now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot believe we're actually doing this. Its beyond comprehension. So the story was that we have to move baseball to build what we need for football. That has now changed to we're building a new baseball stadium so old people will have some shade and if we happen to raise enough money, we'll build a football facility sometime many years from now.
We had to move baseball to afford football to build horizontal as opposed to vertical. Personally, I'd be okay with baseball being horizontal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we had to move baseball. But we didn't have to build baseball the most expensive Taj Majal in the country.

We could have spent 1/10 as much and it still been a better facility than what they have.

This is the typical "you give us what we want before we even consider giving you what you want" tactic.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we had to move baseball. But we didn't have to build baseball the most expensive Taj Majal in the country.

We could have spent 1/10 as much and it still been a better facility than what they have.

This is the typical "you give us what we want before we even consider giving you what you want" tactic.
Oh, c'mon, it was nothing more than a little wealth redistribution.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

They can spend 250 Billion on that dump & it still would be a dump.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wonder how long it'll take the baseball program to pay that bill off?

About as long as it will take the god ole U S of A to pay off the current national debt of about 22 Trill!!!!. On the 12th of never. On that note I just heard this week that in the future if I am "unwilling" to work, I will still be taken care of financially. What a country!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A $65 million baseball stadium, for the 300 people that go to the games, mostly girlfriends.

Anyone aware of a more expensive baseball facility?

My quick search finds nothing more expensive, and 50 million being the next most expensive.

This is what happens when you let baseball players run an athletic department.

Our athletic dept needs an enema.

Cowbell spent 55 million on their new stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator