Florida Football dysfunction

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would have settled for not having to stand ankle deep in urine while taking a piss in the bathrooms at the stadium on game day.
I think you’ve yet to figure out how to handle the pee-trough skill set. It’s like racquet ball, think outside the box and utilize all of the walls.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love these upbeat, feel good threads.
season 6 thanks for nothong GIF by Shameless

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The program also has 3 National Championships in the last 27 years (and 2 Heismans), a number most of the rest of college football would be jealous of.

I imagine this is how the administration thinks as well. This justifies their non aggressive approach to football while our most hated rival is close to matching that amount of titles in a fraction of the time with their win at all costs approach. We all enjoyed those championships, but we have to be honest, it’s going on 15 years since we’ve been elite and there doesn’t seem to be the support from this administration to get us back to that level anytime soon.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The program also has 3 National Championships in the last 27 years (and 2 Heismans), a number most of the rest of college football would be jealous of.

While those trophies are a constant reminder of greatness that was, they also led to a recalibration of expectations. We expected to compete for a spot in Atlanta every year, we expected to win conference titles, we expected to contend for the national championship. We expected to be in the conversation.

We're none of that now. We've all but lost our way. We're not sure where we belong, whether it's as an elite or down the pack alongside the Kentuckys, Missouris and Vanderbilts of the world. We feel like pretenders if anything. For once-proud Gators old enough to remember, that's a bitter pill to swallow.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
How about we get back to beating UK, Vandy, Ugay every once in awhile and FSU pretty regularly? Oh and not getting absolutely embarrassed in back to back bowl games? That math is NOT hard.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
How about we get back to beating UK, Vandy, Ugay every once in awhile and FSU pretty regularly? Oh and not getting absolutely embarrassed in back to back bowl games? That math is NOT hard.
It's demanding fans like you that have ruined my participation trophies.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I imagine this is how the administration thinks as well. This justifies their non aggressive approach to football while our most hated rival is close to matching that amount of titles in a fraction of the time with their win at all costs approach. We all enjoyed those championships, but we have to be honest, it’s going on 15 years since we’ve been elite and there doesn’t seem to be the support from this administration to get us back to that level anytime soon.
In reality we can no longer blame anything on "the administration" as we do not know what Ben Sasse is going to do, or not do! Once we know what Ben thinks and wants then we can/ or can't blame it on administration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb