Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nembhard and keyonte Johnson are gonna be playing on espn or espnu in the highschool national championship tourney over the next few days if you guys wanna watch or record . Nembhard plays for montverd and Johnson plays for oakhill.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Both players are studs and are very athletic.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Nembhard and keyonte Johnson are gonna be playing on espn or espnu in the highschool national championship tourney over the next few days if you guys wanna watch or record . Nembhard plays for montverd and Johnson plays for oakhill.

Oakhill is on ESPNU starting now.

Johnson is 2 in white.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Oakhill is on ESPNU starting now.

Johnson is 2 in white.

Well what I learned that I did not previously know about Kenyontae Johnson who scored 19 points, grabbed 9 rebounds and handed out 6 assists:

1. He has a very good basketball I QB. He seemed to have decent ball-u-man sense and made many good passes.

2. He has a decent handle for a guy his size.

3. He plays a team that has him play with the ball and the high ball screen some so the transition to UF should be made easier by that.

The tv guys named him the player of the game where his teammate the other K. Johnson a UK signee was injured early.

Other things I learned:

A. Even announcers at high school games say things like if Mike White wants to play 4 smalls and a blg ...... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nembhard and Montverde up next.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Montverde and Nembhard are on. Nembhard is also 2 in light grey.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well Nembhard's Montverde barely won when Lone Peak called a TO with the shot clock off when they did not have a time out.

Nembhard scored 16 points, shot 2 of 3 from the high school arc, handed out 7 assists, grabbed 6 rebounds and had 4 turnovers. Among the things I learned about him is:

1. He seems to have a decent nose for the ball rebounding. Montverde was playing a small opponent that shot a bunch of 3s today so it is not clear how well that rebounding will translate.

2. Nembhard seemed pretty good on perimeter defense. His coach got heated at his team a couple of times as Long Peak made a bunch of 3s and made the Montverde guards guard well beyond the arc.

3. His handle is ok and he does make some nice passes.

As for Nembhard as a pure PG, that is still hard to say. He is teamed with another PG, Devoe, for Montverde so it is not clear who is really the PG. Nemhard had some awful high school turnovers, but then again he has not had college level coaching nor played college ball where teams are so close in ability you just can not have live ball turnovers.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Well Nembhard's Montverde barely won when Lone Peak called a TO with the shot clock off when they did not have a time out.

Nembhard scored 16 points, shot 2 of 3 from the high school arc, handed out 7 assists, grabbed 6 rebounds and had 4 turnovers. Among the things I learned about him is:

1. He seems to have a decent nose for the ball rebounding. Montverde was playing a small opponent that shot a bunch of 3s today so it is not clear how well that rebounding will translate.

2. Nembhard seemed pretty good on perimeter defense. His coach got heated at his team a couple of times as Long Peak made a bunch of 3s and made the Montverde guards guard well beyond the arc.

3. His handle is ok and he does make some nice passes.

As for Nembhard as a pure PG, that is still hard to say. He is teamed with another PG, Devoe, for Montverde so it is not who is really the PG. Nemhard had some awful high school turnovers, but then again he has not had college level coaching nor played college ball where teams are so close in ability you just can not have live ball turnovers.
He also missed last year after having stomach surgery to fix twisted intestines or something like that. He is just now getting back to his old self. He will continue to get better and better

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He also missed last year after having stomach surgery to fix twisted intestines or something like that. He is just now getting back to his old self. He will continue to get better and better

Right, they talked about that in the broadcast. I have to say that a player having two-thirds of his small intestines taken out is a great story, but not an encouraging trait to me. Hopefully first of all his health is solid and he has a another 60 to 70 years life expectancy and second of all his basketball ceiling stayed the same despite the health problem.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Wait....Trollmar has a negative prediction about some UF sport? I’m shocked...shocked, I say.

That baseball beat down for the last 13 games must really gnaw at your little clown heart, doesn’t it.
You'd have to pay me to watch college baseball. It sucks. That being said I've watched zero fsu baseball in my life. Don't care for the sport at all.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It’s called development. We have Stone and Allen back along with a more experienced Okauru which will likely be our leading scorers. Throw in 3 top 100 recruits and much better numbers on the inside, and I think we’ll be just fine.

SEC is losing a lot, just take a look at the tourney teams and who they’ll have back.
In his 3 years who has white developed that made you say wow?
Outside of Brad Beal how many freshman made huge impacts their first year? Almost none

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
In his 3 years who has white developed that made you say wow?
Outside of Brad Beal how many freshman made huge impacts their first year? Almost none

Bassett and Chiozza come to mind right away. And we haven’t needed freshmen to contribute right away, next year we will though.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Right, they talked about that in the broadcast. I have to say that a player having two-thirds of his small intestines taken out is a great story, but not an encouraging trait to me. Hopefully first of all his health is solid and he has a another 60 to 70 years life expectancy and second of all his basketball ceiling stayed the same despite the health problem.
No worries. Brett Favre had much of his intestines removed and things worked out OK for him.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Found something that may help you:

Wrong. Since Billy was first became HC UF has had 17 players contribute out of 73 signed a. That's 23% thats closer to none than than those that have contributed with greatest HC in UF history and hof in Billy. White isn't even in the same solar system as bd as a coach.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator