Florida is the best school for NFL busts?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He uses stats, but I don't think it's very scientific. And doesn't SOS have a comment about stats? Anyway, kinda like stock tips... Past performance doesn't guarantee future success.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
La la la....................... I don't want to know!
slide_298774_2482697_free.gif

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
We are #1 again! Screw that, I am looking forward to a Awakening of a Great Season of football. Getting that feeling back like in the 90s with SOS knowing that we can win every game.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The sample size is way too small for the data to be meaningful.

However...

The alternate spin would be that we get kids drafted much higher than they should be based on their talent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our first rounders the last 15 years have been questionable. A number of guys who went much higher than their talent would suggest. But we have a number of guys who have entered the league in rounds 2-7 who have had good NFL careers. I would say if you did the study on all rounds of the draft in their production compared to their draft/undrafted status you will see that UF has probably been quite productive in producing quality NFL players.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Now that we're loading up on 3 stars. If they get drafted in the first round and then wash out will the be considered a bust?

Also, FSU had 9 busts and we had 8. Technically they have more busts and should be at the top of the list. **** FSU!
:nolerape:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now that we're loading up on 3 stars. If they get drafted in the first round and then wash out will the be considered a bust?

Also, FSU had 9 busts and we had 8. Technically they have more busts and should be at the top of the list.

I think they are looking at it as 9 of 19 compared to 8 of 15... higher percentage of busts. I thought it would have been more than 9 for FSU though.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
I could give a rats a$$ what they do in the NFL nowadays. I stopped caring after Emmitt retired. What happens in college football and specifically the SEC is all that really matters.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm good and proud: Emmitt, Lomas Brown, Fred baby, Youngblood, Wes, Nat Moore, David Little, Collingsworth, Wilbur, Scott Brantley, Armstrong. No particular order, off the top of my head.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I could give a rats a$$ what they do in the NFL nowadays. I stopped caring after Emmitt retired. What happens in college football and specifically the SEC is all that really matters.

Mostly agree. I'm proud of our Gator Greats in the NFL. However, I'd rather have the "NFL bust" tag attached to college hardware than NFL greatness with an empty trophy case.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What a waste of ink. I didn't see him list who the "busts" are or what even constitutes a "bust". Also, without taking into account all draft picks from a school, this is also useless. I guess the author doesn't realize that sometimes 2nd and 3rd rounders can also be wasted picks due to not producing and late round/free agent signees can blossom into really good players. Not taking those factors into account is stupid.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

As a long time Dolphins fan, I lost a lot of interest in the NFL and have no clue of the Dolphins entire roster like I once did so many years ago.

I'm sure the author is referring to Percy Harvin as one of the NFL busts, but won't explain nor put a list of names on his article. For one, when Percy was healthy, he was amazing to watch. The problem is he's been injured more than half his career.

Wouldn't surprise me if he would have Dante Fowler on his list he failed to print in his article. I'm just waiting to see what Fowler can do and see if he's fully recovered from ACL reconstruction.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
This...I can't even spell NFL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator