Recruiting Florida lands OL Transfer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n232655 said:
His highlight tapes look good. He seems like a mauler based on that. At the very least, he is quality depth.
I fully expect him to start somewhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's get back on topic, this transfer is an AWESOME surprise.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n232690 said:
I fully expect him to start somewhere.
I do to. He'll probably be our starting RT unless Ivey shows out in fall practice. If Ivey does take the RT spot then we can kick him inside. Either way it's a Win Win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n232516 said:
wow, hope he shows he can handle SEC competition, but i like it. We need bodies!
I guarantee you that the IAA guys he played were better than the walkons that our redshirt freshmen "starting" OL couldn't block in the O&B game. That's really the only important thing, whether he's better than what is on our roster now, not whether he will be all SEC next year. I think that is likely to be a yes.

Fordham upset someone recently. Maybe WVU or Va Tech. And this kid was the best guy on their line. This is probably the best guy available given that Mac came on board too late to grab jucos. I'd also take a I-aa All American over a juco AA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n232599 said:
Mac will soon have more transfer O linemen here than Muschamp recruited from the high schools the entire time he was here. :lol:
34f5d24c6fee13a6f5d724216d3b0f625d7ea0d647af78b25445ec24168c9c2b_large

Even though Fooley liked he direction of the program under Chimp, Fooley finally figured out that signing players is much easier than praying to goalposts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n232705 said:
I guarantee you that the IAA guys he played were better than the walkons that our redshirt freshmen "starting" OL couldn't block in the O&B game.

I was thinking that also.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n232606 said:
Law's been pretty staunch in his position that any big OL bodies is better than none. Regardless of stars.

Don't stop him. He is on a roll.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need the bodies. And at 6'8" 300lbs he should at least be able to slow some folks up. Keep em coming in Mac!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gator Fever;n232599 said:
Mac will soon have more transfer O linemen here than Muschamp recruited from the high schools the entire time he was here. :lol:

Bt9YIs1IIAIETJV.png:large

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Marianna said:
I do to. He'll probably be our starting RT unless Ivey shows out in fall practice. If Ivey does take the RT spot then we can kick him inside. Either way it's a Win Win.

I agree as well. Why else would someone from a small school transfer during their Senior Year if they thought they would have to sit out?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The Original DC;n232545 said:
THIS, is the news we have been waiting for. Sure, Fordham is not the SEC, but here's a guy with 3 years of experience playing college football and 3 years of maturing and developing. If the guy can hold his own at LT, maybe Sharpe goes inside or to RT until Martez Ivey is ready. We'll see how it plays out but it's good to have some options now.

LagoonGator68;n232558 said:
I bet Mac is looking at others.

I was a bit worried when the window for JUCO's closed in Dec-Jan and we didn't have much. And tbh, I'm surprised this guy turned up on our radar. I'd like to know how much of it was a relentless staff looking anywhere and everywhere versus kids with a year left who see our need and are sending in tapes. I suspect there are a lot more possible transfers we could get that we (and nobody else) know about who are in the same situation, mercs available for a year with us before eligibility runs out. Nice surprise. I like it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n232705 said:
I guarantee you that the IAA guys he played were better than the walkons that our redshirt freshmen "starting" OL couldn't block in the O&B game. That's really the only important thing, whether he's better than what is on our roster now, not whether he will be all SEC next year. I think that is likely to be a yes.

Fordham upset someone recently. Maybe WVU or Va Tech. And this kid was the best guy on their line. This is probably the best guy available given that Mac came on board too late to grab jucos. I'd also take a I-aa All American over a juco AA.

Fordham's last win against an FBS level opponent was in 2013 at Temple, the year after Dumbazzio left them for BC. They are a quality FCS program.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fordham is a solid program and this guy can be no worse than some of the OL we have had (Tyler Murphy). I think the fact that he is 3 years removed from HS and has been playing and having experience is key.

As everybody else has pointed out already... he is better than a true freshman starting. I don't know if he will beat out Sharp who was playing well at the end of the year. I think he probably starts at RT and Ivey backs up him and Sharp incase of injury.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is great news. Will be interesting to see if they put him at LT or move him to RT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.